Notebook with CSM Boot/x64/5V USB-powered/low-TDP CPU and 8-10" screen?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'd like to buy something for my outdoor activities to replace Packard Bell Dot SC (clone of Acer D270). It has N2600 2GB RAM 120GB SSD, CSM Boot, x64, great battery time, but it's barely enough for my needs - the CPU is way too slow. I have also so-called wintablet with Z3735E and 1 GB RAM which is just enough power-wise, but inability to install Win x64 or older OS is the main problem.

What I'm looking for:
- low TDP CPU (>10W, my current Atom has 3,5 W) - BayTrail/CherryTrail or GeminiLake/ApolloLake, ideally Core M, maybe something else?)
- CSM Boot/Legacy BIOS (or at least UEFI 64-bit) - a must-have (I'm using x64 plugins, older OSes for legacy equipement and retro-gaming ;))
- 2GB RAM (I don't use samplers, just VSTi, so it's enough, but the more the merrier)
- portability (11,1" is a bit too much but still accteptable, ideally 8-10 inch)
- ability to charge through 5V microUSB (car/powerbanks) - or at least replaceable batteries with great capacity - built-in battery or inability to connect to powerbank is not an option.

I was searching high and low for perfect solution with no effect. Heck, I even checked if there is a modded BIOS with unlocked CSM Boot for CherryTrail-based solutions - nothing. Maybe someone knows something that will do :)?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”