E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me if these are the most uptodate drivers for my 1212M PCI?
Annotation 2020-05-17 233317.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This is the same as I have after the installation described by Martin at Sherwood Sound Studios, published earlier in this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lil Borg

These instructions worked perfectly for me, until it came to rebooting in Safe mode, which required a password (that I did not know). Pin number and Microsoft account password both failed to allow access. It turns out that Windows now has 2 passwords - Microsoft account, now the default when setting up a new install, and Local, which is the password required to get into Safe mode.(and is never mentioned in the current installation procedure!).
Set up a local password by choosing Settings, Accounts then Log on with local password.
Set up your new password and you should then be able to access Safe mode.

Hi there.

Big thank you to Sherwood Sound and all of you here that have contributed to getting our EMU equipment working on Windows 10.
I have been at it all day. I finally got a result when I decided to unhook the computer take all of the cards out and give the computer a needed clean. I then followed the Sherwood instructions to the letter and then configured Patchmix with a simple input and output for 1 and 2. BINGO it worked.
I have 2 EMU docks. One is an 1820 and the other an 1820m. When I got everything working I hooked up the 1820m and rebooted. For some reason no sound. I thought maybe I should have left the 1820 on so I changed the 1820m and hooked up the 1820. Still no sound.
Any ideas anyone ?. I have had a long day with this and I have no idea why it worked one minute and then not.
PS. I noticed when reading the thread that some people were asking for Win 10 drivers for the 0404 USB. I have one of those and found drivers that work perfectly on Win 10 with no issues. If anyone needs these drivers I will find a way for you to have them.

Hi Guys .

Solved the problem.

I use Cakewalk Sonar Platinum or what is now the Freebie by Bandlab. (PS: I paid a lot of money for my Cakewalk over the years but I have no objection for you all getting this for free. Quite awesome what they are giving fro free. Check it out when you have a moment.Just do a Google search for Cakewalk by Bandlab.)
BTW I discovered that if I boot my Cakewalk Sonar up that the audio is working fine with choices for all available inputs and outputs within Sonar.
I then created another Strip within Patchmix and chose Wave 1 and 2 for the outputs. Now I have sound for the windows system like Youtube etc. Mightily pleased that I can use my EMU soundcards and breakout boxes again.

Thank you all so much. I had visions of me giving these cards away, dumping them or getting a tenner on eBay for them. Now I can use them again and there is no reason for me to even consider spending money on anything else. These EMU audio cards are up there with the best.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi,

Massive thanks to ClubHouseKey, sherwoodsound, Freddy Stjerna and all others involved.

I have successfully managed to get an E-MU 0404 PCIe card running on a new build Windows 10 1909 x64 machine with BandLab Cakewalk using ASIO by following the instructions with no modifications. Great work guys!

I only have one issue to resolve which I think is just my brain not understanding the E-MU Patch Mix routing....

If I just run the Patch Mix App, no DAW running.
Single mic input to ASIO IN CH1 and output to ASIO OUT 1/2.
Level indicators on IN show signal input OK.
However I cannot stop myself from being heard. It is like direct monitoring is enabled, but I cannot see where to disable it.
My thoughts are it's a routing issue in PatchMix. I've created a new 48Khz session, deleted all strips & inserts then created what I thought I needed using this link from Cakewalk...
https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowle ... -and-SONAR (https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013041/Getting-Started-with-E-MUs-PatchMix-DSP-and-SONAR)

Can anyone point me in the right direction to understand & resolve this please ?

Kind regards
Dave

June 3rd 2020 - Please note that updating Windows 10 to the latest (2004) release screws up this installation, fortunately uninstalling everything and reinstalling from scratch gets it working again. Thanks, Microsoft...

I tried this with my beloved E-MU 0404 PCI-e, but it didn't work for me :(
One thing I did notice, when I ran the script to replace the files, it was looking for them in C:\XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018\XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 and returning "Cannot find path because it does not exist", so I made a new folder inside XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 and named it XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 and copied the files into it and then the script ran ok, but not sure if this has somehow caused it not to work for me?

Thanks for doing this, I really hope I can bring my E-MU back to life. I've been looking at a new interface, but I'd be so much happier to just be able to continue with my E-MU.

I have successfully managed to re-install after an update to Windows 10, 2004 from 1909.
All working with an E-MU 0404 PCIe and Bandlab Cakewalk.

One point to note...
I initially forgot to undo the group policy modifications to block updates to the drivers. It had the effect of not allowing the ASIO to be discovered by Cakewalk, although E-MU PatchMix worked fine.
To resolve, I just disabled the group policy, uninstalled E-MU drivers & PatchMix App and started from the beginning again.

I also sorted out my problem with direct monitoring in E-MU PatchMix.
It was purely a lack of understanding on my part. I had followed a guide for creating a new session in E-MU PatchMix which was setting up routing in such a way that direct monitoring was unavoidable.
I have now created my own session that passes the PCI L/R inputs directly to Cakewalk and likewise for the outputs in reverse. Works a treat.

My sincere appreciation goes to ClubHouseKey, sherwoodsound and Freddy Stjerna for all the info needed to keep these exceptional cards working. My sincere ingratitude goes to Microsoft for once again overriding MY choices and installing their braindead driver over the working configuration. Stop messing with our systems!

nc63 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:56 am My sincere appreciation goes to ClubHouseKey, sherwoodsound and Freddy Stjerna for all the info needed to keep these exceptional cards working. My sincere ingratitude goes to Microsoft for once again overriding MY choices and installing their braindead driver over the working configuration. Stop messing with our systems!
Yeah the same situation here. The emu driver was broken again, so i had to reinstall it with the script. But the new windows update 2004 also broke my firewire device which was running fine since 3-4 years i think. Thats 2 drivers broken in one update, wow like trying to break a record :lol:
Last edited by auron on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!! :D

I started over again and I now have a fully functioning E-MU!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Windows10 ver 2004 broke again the audio drivers. The X-Fi drivers are compromised, hopefully Creative will provide a fix.

SoNic67 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:18 am Windows10 ver 2004 broke again the audio drivers. The X-Fi drivers are compromised, hopefully Creative will provide a fix.
I guess the only thing to do is just run through the process again, I have version 2004 and it is working. Creative won't provide a fix, since these have long been legacy devices.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”