E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fusercy wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:06 pm Running latest windows 11 all good with cubase 11.5 though
Thanks for chiming in! Was it a clean install or did you upgrade from a previous version?

Multiple upgrades. Clean install was 4-5 years ago

That's very encouraging. Thanks again!

UPDATE: I did the update to 21H2. Everything is running ok as before. :)

I can't update Windows 11 22h2, stalls at 35 percent then fails.
I was thinking of uninstalling the E-MU drivers again but it looks like users have got it working after the update.

Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:08 pm I can't update Windows 11 22h2, stalls at 35 percent then fails.
I was thinking of uninstalling the E-MU drivers again but it looks like users have got it working after the update.
If the Windows upgrade is failing, the problem could be antivirus or something deeper than the audio interface driver. A Google search for "Windows update stops at 35%" will give you a few culprits to chase.

Are you upgrading to Windows 11 (from Windows 10), or are you just updating Windows 11? There is no Windows 11 22H2 yet.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

It's the insider preview BETA.
Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release)
I have a new install error now, Install error - 0xc190011f

I uninstalled my E-MU drivers hoping Windows update would work but I now get this error.
Install error - 0xc0000005

:cry:

Smasha wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:27 pm It's the insider preview BETA.
Windows 11, version 22H2 Insider Preview 10.0.22598.200 (ni_release)
I have a new install error now, Install error - 0xc190011f

I uninstalled my E-MU drivers hoping Windows update would work but I now get this error.
Install error - 0xc0000005

:cry:
Microsoft strongly recommends against using the "Insider" preview versions of their OS on machines that you actually need to use. These are beta versions of the operating system, and you're the one ironing out the kinks (and reporting the issues) to Microsoft.

Unless you absolutely need a beta version of your operating system (and honestly, no one does), you really might want to consider waiting until Microsoft puts more of the final code into it. It might then install without a problem.

Also, since you're working with a beta version of the OS, no one here will have any experience with it, or inside information as to what the problem might be.

A Microsoft rep helps out quite a bit on Gearspace.com, but I doubt he'd know much about old E-MU drivers. I doubt he'd be able to offer much help on a beta version of Windows 11, either. Unfortunately, I don't remember his name on Gearspace, but he posted in several threads about optimizing Windows 10 or reporting audio issues to Microsoft regarding Windows 10. I haven't seen anyone from Microsoft on KVR -- not in any official capacity, anyway.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Psyc0ma wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 pm I am experiencing a problem with the volume control of the monitor. Now it has nothing to do with the volume of Windows.

What I just haven't tried - the advice from this topic is to put APP 2_10 then 2_20. I was digging in the registry in search of how PatchMix is related to the volume of the Windows mixer.

Tested on different PCs. All the same

I downloaded SoundVolumeView and saw that Monitor Out (Subunit) the volume value as a percentage changes when I turn the Monitor Volume knob in Patchmix.
Then I don't understand what is the reason? There may be a difference in piaproxy.dll 64 and 32 in Patchmix.

HELP IS VERY NECESSARY. Let's figure it out together.
For help, I promise to make a normal installer for these drivers.
i'm fixed Monitor Volum knob with synchronization windows volume
disable 2 exe task manager startup tab
CtHelper Application (C:\Windows\System32\CTHELPER.EXE)
CtXiHlp MFC Application (C:\Windows\System32\CTXFIHLP.EXE)

Hi all! I read every post in this thread without success with my 1820. Driver is ok, script runned ok w the exception, but the thing is the audiodock does not licght at all and it´s not showing at the PatchMix app. The PCI card shows perfectly and audio is playing, but not the audiodock. I tried several things and nothig... any ideas before I have to sell my 1820? I´m running it from an pci-express adaptor that seemed to work just ok for other people on the 1820... any ideas plz? Thanks!

Make sure you are running the latest drivers for the adapter and that it is Windows 10 compatible. I had a Sebrant adapter card that just up and quit working when a Windows update was pushed.

Either the audiodock is faulty (a well-known capacitor failure) or the audiodock is not supplied with power.

Anyone know how to route signals on Patchmix?
I am having problems with my electric guitar.

I have Amplitude as an FX but I CAN'T HEAR AMPLITUDE.

All I hear is the clean signal coming from the guitar.

Amplitude shows input and output signal but no matter what preset I use ,I get a clean signal to my headphones.

Driving me nuts.

I just got this working on windows 11 and my 0404 seems to be working fine. I got some problems with the provided patchmix telling something about insuficient hardware so i decided to unistall everything and refollow the steps but with the 2.1 patchmix available in the products website for my 0404 and seems to be working properly. TNX .

I'm posting this tidbit about hosts that have trouble binding to the E-MU ASIO driver here since it seems the most visible place for it, and from what I've gathered, is an issue with several hosts. These findings are for my 1820m, but I suspect it applies to all of the PCI products, and perhaps applies to the PCI-e products as well:

SYMPTOM: trying to select E-MU ASIO driver causes Gig Performer to display error message box “Can’t create i/o buffers”.

SOLUTION: Work around is to add a second physical interface with its own ASIO driver (not ASIO4ALL), which in my case was a Behringer UMC202HD, which for whatever reason allows the E-MU ASIO to be selected and to function as expected.

Interestingly, once the E-MU ASIO is setup in Gig Performer, I can remove the Behringer from the system and the E-MU ASIO still works as expected after system reboot.

However, if I change the driver type back to Windows within Gig Performer, then close GP and reopen, then change back to ASIO again, I get the original error message again. And I have to reconnect the Behringer again to implement the work around.

For those concerned, this work around also works with DaVinci Resolve 17 video editor.

i have a question about the operation of the patch software

im trying to playback the audio from the ADAT input (optical input) on my speakers witch are conected through the 1/4" coax on the sister card

is this possible? :phones:

if so how do i set this up?

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”