Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was tuned when I bought it!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

This time over, my cc problems were comprehensible. I bumped into the limit, due to the long delays in banking transactions I couldn't tell.

My Epiphone Les Paul Studio Electric Guitar in Worn Cherry arrived and looks great 8)
Gonna take her for a strum.

Reads cool. Post a video
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Two weeks or less baby

I tried to buy a 12 string EKO acoustic - looked like a bargain on the facebook marketplace. When I contacted the bloke though, he seemed just a bit odd...

"You can only come round between 11.37 and 12.43 (or some such) during the daytime". "Ah, I'm at work then". "Can you come round now?" "I could get a taxi yes" "No! don't come now, it's dark"...."Err, Ok, I think I'll leave it.." :scared:

Takes all sorts...

I was considering a cheap (really fuckin cheap) electric bass, just for fun....

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:59 am I was considering a cheap (really fuckin cheap) electric bass, just for fun....
got the right amount of strings for you and none of the thin ones that hurt your fingers :tu:

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:59 am I was considering a cheap (really fuckin cheap) electric bass, just for fun....
To play flangey goth bass lines on?

Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:25 pm
To play flangey goth bass lines on?
exactly! I'm sure a £50 job thru some pedals will be fine...

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:44 pm
got the right amount of strings for you and none of the thin ones that hurt your fingers :tu:
i can prob get away with 2 on the bass to be fair :hihi:

AnX wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:11 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:44 pm
i can prob get away with 2 on the bass to be fair :hihi:
aye! its not prog afterall :hihi:

did "progressive goth" ever happen?
every other bloody genre got a prog prefix.

Re Electric Bass,

Prior to buying a bass, I played:
Guitar
Ukulele
Mandolin
Keys
Percussion
Harmonica
Soprano Sax

So I got a cheap bass and played the heck out of it. Didn't take long to come up to speed and figure out tonnes of covers. Looked around at all my guitar player buddies who doubled on bass. They always got gigs as a bassist even when they were mediocre. As time went on they got better at bass and put the guitar down for good. I sat in on a blues jam playing the bass and was swamped with would be acts needing a bassist and telling me how good I was. So I did the... Bassist in one band, guitarist in another thing for awhile because.... money. Tendinitis set in, my fingers got roughed up. I had to carry heavier gear Then my main band wanted me to switch full time to both keys and bass and ditch the guitar altogether. Nadda not gonna happen, no way. I'm not a great keyboard player by any means and the instrument doesn't speak to me. I just used it for occasionally for filling up the tracks on my own stuff.

Those guys, They stopped playing guitar all together. The bass gigs got fewer and fewer and when they left the scene they stopped playing music all together.

Today I streamline things. Guitar, Linnstrument, Launchpad Pro. Guitar everyday, Linn every other day, LP Pro twice a week. I can get most of my non guitar stuff out on the linnstrument.

Do the D'angelico Premier EXL- in Ocean Turquoise arrived.

It wasn't in tune and it wasn't set up. I'll live.

It took a day for a good neck adjustment to take hold and it' plays well. Ocean fresh without a hint of red tide. Very playable. But I will need to swap out the tuners for locking ones.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:47 pm Sitting here now, in this bar for hours
While these strange men rent strange flowers
I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours
In the metal and blood, in the scent and mascara
On a backcloth of lashes and stars
In a flood of your tears, in sackcloth
And ashes, and ashes, and secondhand passion
And stolen guitars
Nice Sisters reference there :wink:
Sorry for the story that made it appropriate.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

Return to “Guitars”