One Synth Challenge #126: Bazz::Murda by DistoCore (MrKarolus is the winner!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazz::Murda Free Bazz::Murda Pro

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #126! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-126-bazz

Would you like to support this month's developer? There are 3 Donation tiers, or you can chip in whatever you can. Donate Here

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Capable of gentle sounds, but can turn things up to 11 and wake your neighborhood. This is "... AIMED AT HARD ELECTRONIC MUSIC LIKE HARDCORE, GABBER, DRUM&BASS AND DUBSTEP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWIxoLPnDk

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)
Spotify: If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

DistoCore : The following have been added to the prize pool (Cash will be given via paypal):
  1. Bazz::Murda PRO + Disto::FX PRO bundle + 30 euros (the winner takes it all)
  2. Bazz::Murda PRO + 20 euros
  3. Disto::FX PRO + 10 euros

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik Station V9, Wusik 8008, Wusik SQ200 and Wusik P2000

SoundGym : 6 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

Sonimus : Any one Plugin (This prize may be chosen no more than three times)

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune. Unfortunately his main site is down, but if you still want these, let us know!

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Count me in, would be nice to have a month of more harder tracks (yet it will probably still be a collection of balmy tracks as per usual)

Ha cool. Curious to hear what people can make with this. It's mainly a hardcore/gabber kick machine (i contributed with some kicks for this one) but would love to hear what other types of sounds people can create with it. Interesting.
More BPM please

Wow, that looks freaky, but also neat.

Might give it a go, if I can figure this all out in record time. If so, will be my first OSC, first purely electronic piece ever written/made, and first music on the internets, lol.

And first time using this synth. Oh, and first time trying to use just one synth for anything at all.

Yikes. Could be fun though!

@kvotchin It's a heck of a way to learn all of the stuff that goes into it! i just finished my first year of OSC and I've learned a great deal through the process and community.

looking forward to stepping out of my usual sound design sphere this month; this synth seems like it'll do a good nasty, and that's a sound profile i haven't quite touched yet.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Couple of questions:
Can we use the Pro version as well at the free one?
Can we use their Disto::Fx plugin along side?

This is going to be a fun month! Get ready for lots of banging Gabber and Hardcore tracks by people that have never done that style of music before :lol:

Interesting wave shaping options, looks like that's the Murda's main strength.
Gona try to squeeze some Dn'B sauce from this .

Ranoka wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 am This is going to be a fun month! Get ready for lots of banging Gabber and Hardcore tracks by people that have never done that style of music before :lol:
A more artsy gabber style would be cool, kind of like what I made before:
https://clyp.it/ja0zpimn

Although, I feel that people will lean towards a creative DnB instead of gabber. I'm thinking about doing a DnB track myself.

Well, this synth can do much more than that. A pity the UX is a little poor, the sound engine is very good. My 2C.
So no banging styles from me using this, I will work on making actually the opposite. More challenge, I love it.

liqih wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:58 pm Well, this synth can do much more than that. A pity the UX is a little poor, the sound engine is very good. My 2C.
So no banging styles from me using this, I will work on making actually the opposite. More challenge, I love it.
here was me hoping to hear a liqih hardcore track.. Just kidding (of course - do what feels good to do)

My two cents. It sounds decent, but supersaws, and chord centric patches if done incorrectly, which is easy to do, sound like hot garbage as there is no way to make the oscillators start out of phase or free run, but otherwise, it's interesting. I'll at least give it a shot, but no promises.
It's very tasty, I swear!

an inspiring synth in my opinion, very good. I have a lot of musically ideas, this is a good sign for me. as in my young years, I'm hearing boostered guitars and metal drums...

already had some fun with this. I wanted lazers.

https://soundcloud.com/deep-theory/pew-pew/s-38BRJ

Pew Pew!

zerofox97 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:34 pm My two cents. It sounds decent, but supersaws, and chord centric patches if done incorrectly, which is easy to do, sound like hot garbage as there is no way to make the oscillators start out of phase or free run, but otherwise, it's interesting.
Yeah, that's a thing, so maybe it's even better for non advertized stuff rather than hardcore, LOL

Ranoka wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:07 am Couple of questions:
Can we use the Pro version as well at the free one?
Can we use their Disto::Fx plugin along side?
Answers:
1. Yes, Pro version can be used (declare which at submission please)
2. Yes, allowed! Should make things interesting :)

Return to “Instruments”