-= Outer Stellar =- [Trance] - feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An attempt at Trance.
VPS Avenger helping me out.
Feedback welcome as always. : )
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132/outer-stellar

Sounds like Trance to me. It certainly got my legs moving. Nice movement and great mix. Not really my bag (anymore) but I'm drinking JD's fire so I'm dancin here. Good work! :tu:
Now,where's my bottle? :drunk:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Well, that's pretty awesome for an "attempt". ;) Very well produced.

A few things though: After the initial build up, when the beat kicks in, i expected something different, which carried over the energy which build up in the beginning. You really took out the drive there, which is not optimal. A part like that would have been more feasible towards the middle of the track. Next thing which appears to me is that you tried to put too many elements into the track. E.g., the sine (or whatever) melody which starts at about 1:18. Again, i would have expected that rather in the middle of the track, if even. You jump a lot through different parts. There's too much going on in the track. IMO, should rather be less is more. The sounds are great, as is the production, there's a lot of punch there, and the supersaws and sounds sound spot on. Again, though, i feel like the part starting at 1:53 should have been a bit later, and the track longer, if you want to pack it so full of different parts. TBH, i feel like the track carries material in it, which could have been in two tracks.

So, in summary, the track is really good on the production side, but lacks a bit on the arrangement, and feel for the music. Might sound more critical now than i really want to, this track is far over my own abilities, and it's really well done, but, i feel like it could be put together more carefully. If you manage that, i really look forward to more of that kind of stuff. :)

My feedback is from the perspective of a 'consumer' and certainly not as a mixer, but being a fan of the genre, I approve - it has a nice driving groove that I dig. Perhaps my only criticism is that it there isn't much to differentiate it from a lot of the other stuff in this genre....for example I feel I've heard this track a million times before....but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it! :phones:

Agree a lot with what chk071 mentioned. Sounds and mix are great. Build up and release need a bit of tweaking in a few places but work well in several other places.

@jethro, pleased you were able to enjoy it. Perhaps the JD helped!

@chk071, some truth in what you were saying now I reflect on it. I am used to aiming for a 3-minute song and arranging for that. Trance can be longer, so I think I might have to adjust my arrangement. Thanks for the useful input.

@frank1985, thanks for the listen. Maybe my next few Trances I'll be thinking of how I can stamp some uniqueness on it. I actually was thinking, "how can I put something in here thats unique?" Looks like I didn't quite make it.

@mindstuff, thanks for the compliments on the mix. Avenger makes it easy with some great sounds. The first build-up I perahps should have lowered the volume slightly before the next section came in just to change the energy. Thanks for the listen.

Amazing. Love it.
:tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”