Feedback on Tech House/Techno

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now I've made a track with influence from acid and techno, to become a tech house style track. I appreciate all feedback! :D I am going for that trancy feel in the chorus, to a big punchy drop. Hope you like it!
https://soundcloud.com/guyproduce/grov-street1/s-5ORhK

Its a shame KVR doesn't much care for House/EDM/Techno....seems to be all eurorack soundscape noise, 80s electronic boredom, and corny ass showtunes. Glad someone else had the balls to post something more modern amongst the cobwebs here.

mindstuff wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:11 pm Its a shame KVR doesn't much care for House/EDM/Techno....seems to be all eurorack soundscape noise, 80s electronic boredom, and corny ass showtunes. Glad someone else had the balls to post something more modern amongst the cobwebs here.
I've actually posted two other similar tracks that got some comments from other genre enthusiasts, but sure the main thing is probably what you say. :D

My Feedback

Music - 8.5
Instruments - 9.5
Performance - 10
Mix - 10

Overall - 9.5

Comments: I'll actually listen to just about anything. I've just been very busy lately re-evaluating my life and deciding where I'm heading next. Anyway, on to your track. I like it. As Mindstuff said, it's not the same old same old. I found it very interesting and the mix is great. Well done. As for Mindstuff's comments, I know some of that is directed towards me. It's all good. I'm actually moving on to doing production music and putting my corny ass pop writing career on the back burner so he won't have to listen to anymore of my corny ass music. God, how I hate this place sometimes.

mindstuff wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:11 pm Its a shame KVR doesn't much care for House/EDM/Techno....seems to be all eurorack soundscape noise, 80s electronic boredom, and corny ass showtunes. Glad someone else had the balls to post something more modern amongst the cobwebs here.
sometimes i use frac.

ill have a listen later, when im near the monitors :)

its a nice track.
the vocal might be a little over used :?
otherwise the mix is really clear and level :tu:
theres a pad that seems a bit static as it repeats, both the note progression and the modulation, personally id try automating the speed of the automation here and there, just to make the pad a little more interesting :)

take that for what it is, haven't been to a club/party playing this kinda stuff for a while, im getting old :cry:

Hi Guy

I hear that aciiiiid influence creeping in.

The mix is bright. Maybe harsh even. Not quite sure why but I feel a bit "assaulted" with a bright graininess in the highs of the drums.

Like last time, I think you could really gain from learning about the subtleties of little moments and movements. Vurt is right, the vocal sample is overused. But I wouldn't necessarily remove any instances, merely work on making them move so they sound more organic and mobile.

Pacing-wise I think you have some issues too as I feel like it becomes a collection of parts more than a track.

All no doubt annoying on your side to hear but I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think you can really grow.

:-)

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:23 pm its a nice track.
the vocal might be a little over used :?
otherwise the mix is really clear and level :tu:
theres a pad that seems a bit static as it repeats, both the note progression and the modulation, personally id try automating the speed of the automation here and there, just to make the pad a little more interesting :)

take that for what it is, haven't been to a club/party playing this kinda stuff for a while, im getting old :cry:
Thank you :D
Yeah I agree that the vocal might be over used, but as Benedict stated, it should evolve to something.
I certainly add variation with the pad! Im not really a clubber either, but I think that the style and approach is really cool
Thanks!

Benedict wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:03 am Hi Guy

I hear that aciiiiid influence creeping in.

The mix is bright. Maybe harsh even. Not quite sure why but I feel a bit "assaulted" with a bright graininess in the highs of the drums.

Like last time, I think you could really gain from learning about the subtleties of little moments and movements. Vurt is right, the vocal sample is overused. But I wouldn't necessarily remove any instances, merely work on making them move so they sound more organic and mobile.

Pacing-wise I think you have some issues too as I feel like it becomes a collection of parts more than a track.

All no doubt annoying on your side to hear but I wouldn't say anything if I didn't think you can really grow.

Hehe the acid is real!

Yeah I'll look into the drums! Its actually a combination of loops, therefore it might be some errors with the audio, haven't really looked into it yet.

I definitely want to add more variation yes :D I agree with what you're saying about the different parts not working together. I'll make to songs out of this actually. One who goes towards the techno genre, and the other one more tech house ish (You would probably call both deep house :D ).

I really appreciate the feedbacks I get. Would much rather get constructive and precise feedback like this, than just saying it's good! :D

Guy Produce wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:49 pm I definitely want to add more variation yes :D I agree with what you're saying about the different parts not working together. I'll make to songs out of this actually. One who goes towards the techno genre, and the other one more tech house ish (You would probably call both deep house :D ).

I really appreciate the feedbacks I get. Would much rather get constructive and precise feedback like this, than just saying it's good! :D
They can be one piece, it is good to have variety, the parts just have to flow together like they belong. Look at all the variety in Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody"! People would not dare to do that today for all the genre crossings yet it flows so incredibly well as they have a sense of the whole rather than it being some fragments. Forget genre & fragments, find the "whole" of your piece?

Always happy to give that to people who are respectful.

Hey guys just started producing i would like to also have some feedback.
https://soundcloud.com/lucas-menheere/g ... al_sharing

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey Guys, i got a new tech house track with german vocals for you guys :D

Thilow - Tanz mit mir:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3gCeP8YG ... 72424d423e (https://open.spotify.com/track/3gCeP8YGiLI4IumEjU76Vy?si=34357172424d423e)

Return to “Music Cafe”