The Big Guitar Amp Sim Roundup + Review

Interactive, forum-based, in-depth reviews, tips, tutorials and more.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amplifikation Caliburn AmpliTube 4 Axiom GrindMachine Guitar Rig Pro Helix Native S-Gear TH-U Premium Trash 2

Are these brands ever on sale, and usually when? Neural DSP, Line 6 Metalurgy and T-HU Overloud Premium?

Neural DSP usually does sales around Christmas. Line 6 did an introductory sale on Metalurgy, but I think that was for 30%, which is generally as low as they go. TH-U does go on sale a couple time a year as well as during the Christmas holiday season.

pandashake wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:51 pm Neural DSP usually does sales around Christmas. Line 6 did an introductory sale on Metalurgy, but I think that was for 30%, which is generally as low as they go. TH-U does go on sale a couple time a year as well as during the Christmas holiday season.
Thanks, I hope Line6 Metallurgy goes on sale again, 30% off is better than full price

I notice the Otto II II II II has not been mentioned. I'd say it's the most impressive high gain amp I have ever played. So, if you want to take my word for it and are looking for a high gain amp I recommend you to give it a go. There is a 14 day free trial, and it's on sale for $55.56 right now. I also got myself a cab pack which was pretty good

Otto II II II II
Last edited by YnJ on Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

That sounded like a commercial, I was just excited and have nothing to do with the maker
Last edited by YnJ on Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Any opinions on Mercuriall Spark as a viable Marshall amp sim?

https://youtu.be/0NGrERQswWU

YnJ wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:10 am I notice the Otto II II II II has not been mentioned. I'd say it's the most impressive high gain amp I have ever played. So, if you want to take my word for it and are looking for a high gain amp I recommend you to give it a go. There is a 14 day free trial, and it's on sale for $55.56 right now. I also got myself a cab pack which was pretty good

Otto II II II II
Probably the best High-Gain sim I've heard as well. This thing sounds mean. I hope it sticks around.

YnJ wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:11 am Any opinions on Mercuriall Spark as a viable Marshall amp sim?

https://youtu.be/0NGrERQswWU
Sounds really good, but listening to Ola read a commercial is disturbing when you’re used to his off the cuff charm. :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have Softube Amp Room suite. Got the original years ago and my upgrade, seems like it was 50 bucks.
Pretty much the whole range of amp tones, from severe metal on in (incl bass amp). I really like the ambience of it, it's special and sets itself apart from the rest of a mix, like a cloud or a bubble, floating & transparent

Hi guys!!
Do you the new St. James plugin from Blackstar? II've been trying it since it came out and it has surprised me a lot. Not because it is a versatile amp with many effects and that it sounds very good, but because it is also one of the ones that feels the most when playing. When you play into monitors you get a pretty close feel to playing through a real amp. They have a 14-day trial and the price is €99. If it catches your attention here is an in depth review that I have done. Greetings, thank you very much and I hope you enjoy ithttps://youtu.be/qBa4O-oaPHw

I keep coming back to Electrum from United Plugins, it really has it's own sound.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

I've tried so many simms and I have a lot of gear. Vintage guitars and amps. First problem is latency IMO. And there always seems to be so many high gainers out there. What about all the other sounds from clean and chimey? I've settled on NI Guitar rig these days

irispill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:25 pmFirst problem is latency IMO.
With a proper interface and computer, configured with the right settings , you should not notice latency. No more than you would notice what your amp sounds like 10’ behind you on a stage.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

irispill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:25 pmFirst problem is latency IMO.
This
https://www.presonus.com/en-US/interfac ... 00102.html
irispill wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:25 pm And there always seems to be so many high gainers out there. What about all the other sounds from clean and chimey?
Good question
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I'm having reasonable results with the old free BlueCat amp. Certainly no worse and maybe a little better than the basic version of Amplitube I got with an interface. For both, I'm using Fender Blackface models for cleans or really low gain and Marshall for midgain.

For high gain I use an external Line6 multi with the Badonk or the free plugin Roots.

Return to “KVR Experts”