How do I re-register? [solved]

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After the latest Windows update, my Waveform 10 has become unregistered. I can't find where to re-register. Please help!
I have done this before, in previous Tracktion versions, but now I can't find where you do it.
Last edited by Stuttaton on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think you can get there via Help and About.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

jabe wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm I think you can get there via Help and About.
I looked it Help About but couldn't find it there. I think it was there in previous versions but who knows where it has gone?

My version of 9.3.2 has become unregistered and it presents me with an unlock screen as soon as I open it, so it's odd that you're not getting the same opening version 10. Better give support a shout, I suppose.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

When I open it, it says it's registered to me but nevertheless, I get the whooshing noise.

I opened Waveform 9 and there I get the request to re-register. It seems like there is a bug in Waveform 10. I sent a message to support. I suppuse I have to use Waveform 9 in the meantime. But then I can't work on my current projects.

Mine has also de-registered after the 1903 Windows update.

My account says I do not have a license and asks me to purchase one even though the account shows my purchase details. Unlike other DAWs like Studio One, Tracktion does not seem to have any way to manage your license by deleting computers etc. It appears that you are granted a set number of licenses and once these are used up (every time Win 10 updates) your license is deleted.

dellboy wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:28 am Mine has also de-registered after the 1903 Windows update.

My account says I do not have a license and asks me to purchase one even though the account shows my purchase details. Unlike other DAWs like Studio One, Tracktion does not seem to have any way to manage your license by deleting computers etc. It appears that you are granted a set number of licenses and once these are used up (every time Win 10 updates) your license is deleted.
With previous Windows updates, you didn't use up installs when you re-registered. This seems like a bug in Waveform 10.

Stuttaton wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 am
With previous Windows updates, you didn't use up installs when you re-registered. This seems like a bug in Waveform 10.
I am still on Waveform 9 so not a bug here.

I have just tried to offline lock but it says invalid key.

Does Tracktion only have a limited number of installs ?

Yes, there is a limit. But if you contact support, you can usually get the counter reset.

I got reply from support. It was Collective that caused it. I had Collective on a muted track but evidently you get the whooshing anyway.

The strange thing is that Waveform evidently didn't become unregistered, only the plugins.

Mine was de-registered for some reason, but after an email it was sorted out and I am back up and running.

Thank you Tracktion.

Return to “Tracktion”