Strange Frontiers

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/user-414209584-7 ... ers-master

Most of this was created in Audulus, using random generators to pulse CV and some modules to create additional instability.

Drums in the middle section are Sonic Charge MicroTonic.

Everything else is processed in Ableton Live.

sounds like robots jamming :party:
those drums punch!! 8)
some lovely noises in there too.
nice stuff, inventive :ud:

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm sounds like robots jamming :party:
:hihi:

Thanks for the comments - I don't own any modular hardware to experiment with, but one of the things that I really like to experiment with is Audulus as it lets you go to a pretty low level but has some really cool modules too. It's definitely designed with experimenting with sound in mind, I'm sure.

I used iZotope Trash to add some subtle filtering and distortion to the drums and while I thought about cutting some of the frequencies from the Audulus generated sounds to make more room from them, I felt that they cut through enough and I kind of liked the chaotic mix of drums, modular and other noises from MicroTonic.

Forgotten wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:12 pm
:clown:
Thanks for the comments - I don't own any modular hardware to experiment with, but one of the things that I really like to experiment with is Audulus as it lets you go to a pretty low level but has some really cool modules too. It's definitely designed with experimenting with sound in mind, I'm sure.
i don't know audulus, but as much as i love my hardware, there are plenty of great software modular, that are easily as much fun :D
just different, the hw forces me to think more, i use a module once, its done, in software i don't need to worry about what i might need later in the patch...

however, hard or soft, in this arena you can have fun with both :ud:

had it right there ,
on the tip of my tongue ...
no ... it's gone baby , gone ...
but not ...

Enjoyed this!
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:57 pm Enjoyed this!
Glad you liked it!

This is right up my alley. Really dug the sounds, and the beat was :clap:

Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”