eMastered ATOM synth

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Calandria
KVRist
66 posts since 13 Dec, 2018

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm

exmatproton wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm
this synth......omg. Checked out the trial;

not even a per voice Filter. Crappy Delay, no modpage, no PWM, no way to turn off velo, the presets are sooo simple, 2 lfo's with per lfo just 1 (!!!) parameter to mod, center screen is filled with an animation that is there for NO reason (AT ALL), not resizable, no fm, no pm, no interaction between the osc's, only 4 filter types, quite crappy reverb

for..............

189 dollar????????????????????? What the actual f***
In this day and age a Synth like that will still sell enough copies to reward the developer and preset designer. Everything works off hype these days and new producers are a good source for daylight robbery :D

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2399 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Calandria wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm
exmatproton wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm
this synth......omg. Checked out the trial;

not even a per voice Filter. Crappy Delay, no modpage, no PWM, no way to turn off velo, the presets are sooo simple, 2 lfo's with per lfo just 1 (!!!) parameter to mod, center screen is filled with an animation that is there for NO reason (AT ALL), not resizable, no fm, no pm, no interaction between the osc's, only 4 filter types, quite crappy reverb

for..............

189 dollar????????????????????? What the actual f***
In this day and age a Synth like that will still sell enough copies to reward the developer and preset designer. Everything works off hype these days and new producers are a good source for daylight robbery :D
I am afraid you're right...this thing should be freeware, or build in a DAW (natively)

MCMorrise
KVRist
40 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 am

So here's my steaming hot take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX74Z6-fv1A

MCMorrise
KVRist
40 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:08 am

Unaspected wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:21 am

Ah. The exciter that is really a high shelf guy.
I forgot about that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
exmatproton
KVRAF
2399 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:53 am

MCMorrise wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 am
So here's my steaming hot take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX74Z6-fv1A
couldn't agree more...

Tekkera
KVRer
1 posts since 3 May, 2019

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:05 pm

This is some ironic meta joke? Right? No demos, no reviews, no manual, no information on the "ai", GRAMMY AWARD WINNING, and has an extremely shady demo scheme.

You can't make this up

User avatar
Halonmusic
KVRAF
2575 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:13 pm

Dont fall for it! Its a conspiracy!
Don't be a Sheep. :borg: | Opinions matters :evil:

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
16725 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm

Think about this folks. This piece of crap is $10 less than Zebra 2.

User avatar
JoeCat
KVRian
1290 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm

MCMorrise wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 am
So here's my steaming hot take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX74Z6-fv1A
Great job on your first (?) review!

Judging again from the Ableton user group I follow on FB, there are a lot of young producers out there who've only been exposed to a few popular products and really aren't very aware of what's out there. This must be for them - all marketing hype.

The Beats Headphones of synths :(

It's funny how we'll banter about on KVR about Dune vs Hive (sorry - that's better than Massive vs. Hive), or who likes u-he filters better than xlis/tone2/kv331, etc., but really, when someone new asks about virtually any of these company's products, all are crafted with love by their developers and certainly none are a blatant ripoff.

This product is kinda indefensible.

Also - wtf would AI do in a simple subtractive synth, and why would you want AI to do anything? If you're calling an algorithm that boosts bass lost to increased filter resonance, that's not AI. So does it reduce the reverb mix if I adjust the amp envelope release, or some weird undesirable thing? (still not AI)

I'd love to see that claim backed up by example.

MCMorrise
KVRist
40 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:46 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:35 pm
Think about this folks. This piece of crap is $10 less than Zebra 2.
EXACTLY

MCMorrise
KVRist
40 posts since 1 Mar, 2010

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm

JoeCat wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:42 pm
Great job on your first (?) review!
Yes, my very first! Thank you! :D
JoeCat wrote: Really, when someone new asks about virtually any of these company's products, all are crafted with love by their developers and certainly none are a blatant ripoff.

This product is kinda indefensible.
I could not agree more. There are so many developers with a serious passion for creating quality material, people with real talent and real work ethic who surely deserve to be more famous than the A-listers pushing this $189 dumpster fire.
JoeCat wrote: I'd love to see that claim backed up by example.
Frankly I'm half-surprised that nobody at eMastered bothered to talk about/demo the AI aspect. I say half-surprised because my inner cynic is convinced that there is not, in fact, any AI at work at all within ATOM.

I mean, I want to believe … :alien:

BeeDog
KVRist
241 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:06 pm

Maybe "AI" is the preset name for the visualizer that cannot be turned off? ;)

hangars liquides
KVRist
37 posts since 8 Dec, 2008

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:31 pm

"as you change parameters within the synth, the AI KICKS IN"

User avatar
Unaspected
KVRian
815 posts since 4 May, 2012

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:04 am

If this had A.I.: As soon as you employ the horrible sounding distortion, it should turn it back down. When you try and increase the drive again, it should then turn the module off. When you try and turn it back on, it should grey out the whole module.

Then the next time you try and open ATOM, the AI should open Serum instead.

User avatar
Teksonik
KVRAF
12618 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Re: eMastered ATOM synth

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:09 am

Is Crysonic back in business under another name ?

I don't know about Artificial Intelligence but you'd need a complete lack of Real Intelligence to fall for this scam. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”