Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Official support for: u-he.com
mkruse
KVRist
70 posts since 6 Nov, 2017

Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 pm

I'd love to see Velvet as a separate plugin that I could apply to my mixes. I understand that it is derived from Satin, however Satin is too complicated for my needs. The beauty of Velvet is it's simplicity and wonderful sound.

knowix
KVRist
250 posts since 12 Nov, 2011

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:54 pm

I'm curious if the audio engine is much different under the hood.

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
31049 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 pm

afaik it's the same but simpler - it can use Satin presets so must be

User avatar
Urs
u-he
23801 posts since 8 Aug, 2002 from Berlin

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am

Use Satin and only tweak the input knob. Someone could make a Velvet skin for Satin with just one knob.

mkruse
KVRist
70 posts since 6 Nov, 2017

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:51 am

Urs wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:35 am
Use Satin and only tweak the input knob. Someone could make a Velvet skin for Satin with just one knob.
I don't own Satin :) I was hoping for a simpler affordable version (Velvet) without the bells and whistles. Currently if I need tape saturation I use Air Windows excellent and free ToTape5. Velvet just does 'something'. The included presets shape so many textures for this otherwise simple two oscillator synthesiser. Maybe I'll have to start budgeting for Satin in the future.

User avatar
MFXxx
KVRAF
3036 posts since 27 Mar, 2010 from UK

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 am

To be honest I have often thought and would love to see an eefects unit. All in one uhe modular pkugin with parallal/serial options for all the stock filters and effects on the plugins... Heaven. Xxx
Image7820x 4.6ghz • 32GB Ram • RME FF800 • Adams A7X • Maschine • Analog Keys • Virus TI • JD800 • JV1080 • x0xb0x

sleepcircle
KVRian
678 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 am

MFXxx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 am
To be honest I have often thought and would love to see an eefects unit. All in one uhe modular pkugin with parallal/serial options for all the stock filters and effects on the plugins... Heaven. Xxx
surely that's what a DAW is

mkruse
KVRist
70 posts since 6 Nov, 2017

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 pm

sleepcircle wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 am
MFXxx wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 am
To be honest I have often thought and would love to see an eefects unit. All in one uhe modular pkugin with parallal/serial options for all the stock filters and effects on the plugins... Heaven. Xxx
surely that's what a DAW is
A daw has flexible routing but it doesn't have U-he's filters & effects available as an insert effect for processing tracks.

sleepcircle
KVRian
678 posts since 28 Nov, 2016

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 am

it does if you bought the effects plugins

Elektronisch
KVRAF
3298 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: Repro Velvet as Separate Plugin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:28 am

Urs if velvet is just satin, why no auto mute noise button?

Return to “u-he”