I really could need a "send fx" module

Official support for: bitwig.com
SpaceTraffic
KVRist
383 posts since 11 Jun, 2015 from Sweden

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 am

Hi

I would love a "send fx" module... So you can chose to only send some parts to the reverb and what not. Please consider it!

Has that already been requested? Would mean night and day for me. I want to make like whole beats within the grid... ;-)

Thanks.

x.iso
KVRist
368 posts since 27 Mar, 2019 from Russia

Re: I really could need a "send fx" module

Post Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:53 pm

current way to do it is by outputing audio to modulator out and mapping that to DC offset device, so effectively that makes additional output. For stereo though, you'll need to use Stereo Split module first, and then send each modulator out to separate DC offset devices, perhaps placed in Stereo Split device in the chain for left and right chains respectively.

check this preset for example: https://bitwiggers.com/presets/f80be10a ... 17640b64a/
I've used it to also route signal back in the Grid, but there are caveats with this, as it sends sum of processed voices back for each voice the same, so not really good in polyphonic use case, but for your request on just making additional output lanes it will work same with mono and poly Grid.

SpaceTraffic
KVRist
383 posts since 11 Jun, 2015 from Sweden

Post Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:53 am

Man, I appreciate the reply!

You’re like the wizard of the grids!

Im more lazy, guess a -send fx- pre made module would make more sense for me.

Anyway I kinda got what I aimed for by using multiple poly grid instances, however a single window masterpiece would be nice to accomplish. So I might try to work your idea out soon.

Thanks!

brownerthanu
KVRist
340 posts since 11 Dec, 2002 from Los Angeles

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:59 am

Wow nice hack! I would not have thought that modulator out could handle audio rate data.

x.iso
KVRist
368 posts since 27 Mar, 2019 from Russia

Post Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 am

Modulators can pass audio rate signals (otherwise there wouldn't be audiorate modulator), but obviously it won't be 4x oversampled.

Return to “Bitwig”