DeLorean — A RetroFuture Drone

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

yawn.... needs more wagbell. :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thank you, for providing the most glowing and generous review in this thread so far! :hyper:
GlenVision.com

same sexy lady or are you collecting them? :hihi:

another 80sesque piece 8) similar to the other, in that theres echoes of carpenter, which as far as im concerned is never a bad thing :tu:
not sure about the fills on the drums, they don't seem to sit in the space with the other drums and the overall mix. that could just be a taste thing, im not big on the whole "drums" thing, theyre a fad :hihi:

keep em coming, ignore layzey :P

No. This is a different model, named Lauren. I photographed her sitting in the DeLorean while we were visiting a large car show.

Yeah, I looked through my files for something with less of a Carpenter vibe for this second post, just to show I was capable of producing something else, but all my other material still needs finishing. I have a bad habit of not finishing a large percentage of my projects—a habit which I'm working on overcoming. :D

I thought of the drum fills more as "cymbal accents" than fills. I also wanted them to stand out in volume and timbre, because I wanted more dynamics and contrast in the piece. One reason they sound different, is they came from a totally different VSTi. I tend to think of it as having two drummers in the band.

I'll post more — after I finish some pieces. :)
GlenVision.com

Super minimalistic at first but it kind of grows on you. Do I hear some Kraftwerk influence?

fastlanephil wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 pm Super minimalistic at first but it kind of grows on you. Do I hear some Kraftwerk influence?
Yeah, it's meant to minimal and subtle. I'm glad you started liking it more after you heard more of it. When I made it, I thought of it as soundtrack music to accompany a motion picture that doesn't actually exist—at least, not yet.

I'm quite familiar with who Kraftwerk are, and I do like what little music I've heard from them, but I really haven't listened to them very much. Any similarity to Kraftwerk is coincidental. I'm more likely to be influenced by Giorgio Moroder, John Carpenter, or early Gary Numan. Not all my influences are synth music from the 80s, though. I like a lot of music from the 60s through present day, and I'm especially drawn to music that features synths or unconventional approaches.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it! :tu:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Music Cafe”