Bass guitars

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems like there hasn't been much love for bass guitars yet.

I still have a set of Seymour Duncan replacement pickups and a replacement bridge to put on my Squier PJ bass, and haven't played it for a while. I really need to get started on that at some point...

I have this case in the corner. Its been there for 30 years.
I really don't know if the bass is still there or it's just shavings left. :scared:

It's not a bass guitar, it's a bass VI...

and it's red...
rjt60b-2.jpg
Also got the worlds heaviest bastard long scale thing made by some Italian company called Jim Reed (sounds nice but it's too f**king heavy), a dinky little Gear4Music short scale Jaguar body one, and a rather nice acoustic one, also by G4M (which I should play more..).

Obviously I play all the f**kers like a guitar, properly, with a plectrum. None of that 'pigeon with dementia' head bobbing shite that people who play fingerstyle seem to do.. :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 pm It's not a bass guitar, it's a bass VI...

and it's red...

rjt60b-2.jpg

Also got the worlds heaviest bastard long scale thing made by some Italian company called Jim Reed (sounds nice but it's too f**king heavy), a dinky little Gear4Music short scale Jaguar body one, and a rather nice acoustic one, also by G4M (which I should play more..).

Obviously I play all the f**kers like a guitar, properly, with a plectrum. None of that 'pigeon with dementia' head bobbing shite that people who play fingerstyle seem to do.. :hihi:
ahaha..
is this the PINK_Fiesta red thingy I see posts about...

:lol:

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:15 pm It's not a bass guitar, it's a bass VI...
It was just a matter of time... :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 pm
It was a (Fiesta) red rag to a..donkey.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:51 pm
Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:37 pm
It was a (Fiesta) red rag to a..donkey.
:hihi:

I just picked mine up after over a month of not playing and it's this one:

Sounds and feels great even though I'm not doing very well playing it.

Very cool! I don't own a 5 string, but a Stingray is what I'd love to get. Even a Stirling version would be great.

I have 2: a Höfner Beatle bass and a Sire Marcus Miller jazz. To me, bass playing is a necessary evil in the recording process. Takes me a little while to get creative with them, then I can occasionally play something clever. My preference of the 2 is the Beatle bass. It is incredibly light. I want to put some flatwounds on it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:25 am I want to put some flatwounds on it.
Did it have flat wounds when you bought it? I though Paul McCartney used flatwounds, so it would be odd if it came with round wounds.

It's a €269 instrument. It didn't come with flatwounds. Maybe the more 'authentic' models do, but not this one. I'm also probably going to do the same on the MM Jazz.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Still, I would have thought it would at least have had a low cost set of flat wounds. Either way, I guess it's no big deal to restring it.

@Sire: I've always wanted to play one. Marcus Miller is my all-time favorite bassist (yes, even more than Jaco) and I'm sure they are nice.

The Music Man is a treat. I had a "Sub" for a while, but it sounded awful (played really nice)

I don't know about the Sterlings. I bought this because GC had a TON of MM's when I went there and this one played the nicest and sounded the best. It wasn't cheap. They street at 2250 and I got mine for about 1800 (which is why I'm broke :lol: )

When right, it's hard to beat the MM sound because you can do virtually any style with it and it cuts like a knife.

I haven't played one of the Sterlings, but I did read a bunch of reviews about them a few years ago when they first came on the market - seems like they're comparable to the Music Man versions as far as playability is concerned, but as I said, I haven't actually played one.

I'll probably head to a Sam Ash or Guitar Center if I start seriously thinking about it and play a few.

Return to “Guitars”