What guitar gear have you bought/are you buying/will you buy?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mister Natural wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:39 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:47 pm Got a Roland Cube 20XL second hand in mint condition for £40.
that's actually a great amp - I used to have an older version of the v.30. Loud AF and indestructible
peace
Yeah , I have a Roland Cube 30x or fx can't remember.... Got to be my favorite piece of electric guitar gear ever bought .... Not the effects but for the Cosm Amps thing ... U got Acoustic , Jc120 , blackface , vox , Marshall , and Mesa rect . I've never owned any of those Amps but it's fun to be able to get the tones I hear off of CDs and records at a comfortable volume level and not having to do a whole lot of editing and menu crap like in a multi stomp . Those Katanas and Katalyst Amps look good but have to much to tweak in my opinion ...

bought a suhr load box.

Probably going to pre-order this amp head from Swart (I like swart amps a lot). It's stereo, so I guess I'll need another load box. Probably going to skip the cabinet, at least initially.

Swart ST-45 Convertible Head.

pekbro wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:27 pm Probably going to pre-order this amp head from Swart (I like swart amps a lot). It's stereo, so I guess I'll need another load box. Probably going to skip the cabinet, at least initially.

Swart ST-45 Convertible Head.

that's very sexy with its top off :o

Waiting for MODO. Won't need anything after that if it's as good as the basses.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

pekbro wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:27 pm Image
Beautiful looking amp. I think those are Mercury Magnetics transformers. I was expecting something else from the Convertible name but it's still a great looking cabinet and a cool design.

Yeah guys, I think the swart convertible amp is pretty cool :tu: Not cheap unfortunately,
but cool...

These Chinese Wangs amps are priced pretty nice and reportedly quite good. Almost cheap enough to pick one up, just to give it a shot.

And yes, I did say Chinese Wangs...

https://wangs-amps-usa.myshopify.com/collections/amps

Wangs are nice people. They're also known as Biyang, the company who made all those pedals for Akai years ago. I like their analog delay a lot because the timing is all over the place and it's effectively a modulation delay. ;)

With that said, I would only recommend buying their amps if you upgrade the transformers. The ones they use are really farty.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:48 am Wangs are nice people. They're also known as Biyang, the company who made all those pedals for Akai years ago. I like their analog delay a lot because the timing is all over the place and it's effectively a modulation delay. ;)

With that said, I would only recommend buying their amps if you upgrade the transformers. The ones they use are really farty.
Thanks, that's interesting. The delay sounds cool, as for the amps, that little 15 watt head seems
like something I could have some fun with, despite the farty transformers. Though, I doubt I will
ever actually get one.

Anyway, I'm sure they are nice people, I hope my lame joke did not suggest that I was thinking
otherwise. I took it from their own website actually. Though that doesn't preclude my comment
from being in poor taste.

Oh no, don’t worry about it. We’ve had plenty of laughs over their name. I should find out why they chose it. They actually make a really cool micro amp that fits in the palm of your hand. I think it’s even cooler than the Zvex.

An Eastman E1-D Cla.
I have the OM version, and got a good deal on the dread. Too bad the seller was a buzzkill who only moved n the shipping when I threatened legal action.
Needs a setup, but otherwise, it's a hellalotta guitar for €450. all solid, sitka over sapele, satin nitro finish. the one on the left, obviously.
428045E7-34A8-476C-A386-58C549B99FC1.jpeg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

MB Filmore 50 combo

Finally got the GX-100

It's making me hate that I have to work today.

My Eastmans aren't doing it for me. They're going on the block.

I'm getting this instead:

https://www.thomann.de/intl/guild_om_14 ... sterly.htm
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:50 pm My Eastmans aren't doing it for me. They're going on the block.
I never understand why people are so into them. Chinese Squiers, too. I've played hundreds of Chinese guitars and have been to all the big factories, few have impressed me. Suhr had a Chinese line years ago that was excellent but they had to do so much work on them when they got to the US that they were basically US guitars.

Return to “Guitars”