Across the Sky

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
danyo2008
KVRist
47 posts since 1 Mar, 2018

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:57 am

Hi Forum,

here a Teaser of my new Track "Across the Sky".

Produced with Ableton Live 10, used many Software Synths like Serum, Sylenth 1, Spire, also did a little Beatbox on my own for enhancing the drums.... If you are interested, check it out....

https://soundcloud.com/user-413310005/a ... ion-teaser

Thanks a lot and regards
Danyo

(If you have Spotify, Deezer, Amanzon Music, Itunes Music, Beatport, Google Music, you can also here the complete Track.... Only follow this Link: http://spinnup.link/243593-across-the-sky)

Benedict
KVRAF
3012 posts since 5 Mar, 2004 from Gold Coast Australia

Re: Across the Sky

Post Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Danyo

Hard to comment on a teaser ;-)

After a few clicks, I got it playing on Spotifry. I am not a massive fan of the form (or Spotifry - good luck with that cup of coffee) but a bit of Trance can be pleasing for me. This gets there but it may be better to push a Radio edit so we get to the melodic part sooner. It chugs along nicely. Like much of this style, I find the one-idea repeating becomes repetitive so would love a variation. Then when the first idea comes back it is like Bam!

Mixwise (in my studio) it feels like it lacks detail in the higher mids. Did you do a scoop on your Master? These are the intelligibility freqs so don't be afraid of them. The human brain can add more bass psychoacoustically, but far less likely to with missing detail information as this is the part that defines uniqueness so we tend to be less willing to extrapolate there.

:-)

danyo2008
KVRist

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:50 am

Hello Benedict,

thank you for your feedback (and the coffee 🙂)

What do you you mean with a "scoop on the master"? I only don't know the english expression or the meaning of scoop 🙄

Within my master chain, I did a little bit of compression, EQ, a little bit Saturation,Multiband Compression and so on. Do you have other recommendations I can do here? Would be nice and helpful....

Thank you very much....

Danyo

Benedict
KVRAF
3012 posts since 5 Mar, 2004 from Gold Coast Australia

Post Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Scoop normally being that with your EQ you may have either deliberately or inadvertently taken a scoop out of the mids (made the EQ curve down in the middle). Some people automatically cut mids because they think them "bad" frequencies that get in the way of the bassiness. Often when Mastering people focus on the drums instead of the intelligibility of the piece so they push drums frequencies which overshadow the clarity of the overall message.

Compression can also damage the higher mids in a track as they are softer than the bass so get squashed harder than you want them to be. I know the theory of Muti-Band Compression is to solve that but I am not a big fan of the method as it still can.

:-)

danyo2008
KVRist

Post Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi Benedict,

thanks for your feedback and you explanations..... And sorry for answering so late....

I will remember your recomendations in my further productions :-)... Thank you very much for your time

Regards
Danyo

recursive one
KVRAF
4118 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:15 am

Good old uplifting trance :party:

I managed to play few different sections of the track from different sites but didn't figure out how to play the whole thing. :? Shame, cause I really liked what I heard. Nothing especially new but really well made, good production and great melodies :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

V0RT3X
KVRAF
7693 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:34 am

Interesting sounds, not sure if it's just my headphones or the mixing but some parts of this sound really distorted at 0:48 and I'm not really sure if that's intentional or what.

Melody wise it sounds on point with what I've heard in other trance songs.

Return to “Music Cafe”