vurt - some kind of sonic sorcerer (ambient/concrete/electroakoustic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

some kind of sonic sorcerer :o :ud: :phones:

20190827_191543.jpg
me with my friend juniper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Space sorcery of the highest caliber! This would work as a drop-in replacement, for the sound track in so many space scenes from old sci-fi movies. I'm listening at work, so I don't have the volume very high but the burbling chaos has been drawing my attention very effectively.

Thanks for sharing!

enjoyed this ...
one take ?..

Ah, some more Vurt goodness. But why you posting all this commercial shyte?

Just kidding.

Well this is just downright creepy. Sounds like Alien meets Terminator meets Predator meets Robby The Robot.

justin3am wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:16 pm Space sorcery of the highest caliber! This would work as a drop-in replacement, for the sound track in so many space scenes from old sci-fi movies. I'm listening at work, so I don't have the volume very high but the burbling chaos has been drawing my attention very effectively.

Thanks for sharing!
thank you for listening :)
glad you enjoyed.

experimental.crow wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:20 pm enjoyed this ...
one take ?..
2 overdubs, so 3x recording, but all live no editing.
the single recording, had a few blank spaces, where id overtweak the morphagene and find a blank spot in the sample :o
wanted to fill those and add some depth.
although, single lines done this way, if you can avoid the blank bits :oops: sound pretty interesting too. ill upload some of those in the next few days :)
thanks for listening, glad you liked :)

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm Ah, some more Vurt goodness. But why you posting all this commercial shyte?

Just kidding.

Well this is just downright creepy. Sounds like Alien meets Terminator meets Predator meets Robby The Robot.
ill take creepy :D
all good films too 8)

thanks for listening :)

This is great! Definitely has a soundtrack vibe to it.
Image Image Image Image

Had me at unicorn lego figure.

Space is scary. I really enjoyed the sounds. So many different layers. Really enjoyed how you could listen to a sound that was way in the forefront and hear something completely different in the background.

Dark sounding. Not sure it puts me in mind of mainstream Sci-Fi movies, more the darker, more twisted ones where they really f**k with your head in weird ways.

If there was a sorcerer involved, I would imagine he was an old mainframe computer possessed with the spirit of a soul crushing, black sorcerer from the depths of Hell. Something you're unlikely to see in a box set from Lego, anyway.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pmWell this is just downright creepy.
This one isn't creepy, I'd say meandering, incoherent, disjointed, confusing...mindfucked? It's also kind of gentle...a gentle mindfuck?
Sonic sorcerer? Hmm it doesn't sound like a very focused incantation, which is a touch sad. It's like this sorcerer has um...dementia...or has smoked way too much weed, and sorcerers shouldn't smoke weed. Have you ever seen a sorcerer puffing at a bong while waving a wand?? And vurt your sorcerers sceptre is really dusty, I don't think it's been used in a while.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:sorcerers shouldn't smoke weed
Oh, come on, just read Lord of the Rings - Gandalf was on the “pipe weed” every chance he got.

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:57 pm
Oh, come on, just read Lord of the Rings - Gandalf was on the “pipe weed” every chance he got.
Are you trying to tell me they grew marijuana in Middle-earth?

spunkmuffin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm
What do you think made The Gaffer so popular around The Shire?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:12 pm
spunkmuffin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:10 pm
What do you think made The Gaffer so popular around The Shire?
So now you're saying Hamfast "The Gaffer" Gamgee was a drug-growing drug-dealing druggie.

Return to “Music Cafe”