Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Official support for: hgsounds.com
User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:51 am

Place holder for any discussion related to Kosmology Collection, Multiverse Collection and FreeFall.

Image

Image

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3864 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 am

Andy,

Is there any overlap between the Kosmology Collection https://hgsounds.com/product/kosmology- ... ontakt-56/ and the Multiverse Collection https://hgsounds.com/product/multiverse-collection/

Are there any additional features included in the Kosmology collection and Multiverse Collection that were in the originals?

Is there any reason to keep the individual Kosmology instruments?

I have had many of the HG instruments but have barely used them. The little that I have played with them I really enjoyed the experience. I got the Kosmology collection because my cost was low but the Multiverse Collection cost is high even with the generous discounts.

IIRC you stated that Kosmology is more complete than Multiverse. Am I way off?

Side note, glad that you will have another Group Buy and especially that your focus will be on midi. Yea, midi!
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows Pro 10-64bit, i9-9900k, 32 GB RAM.

muswellhillbilly
KVRer
24 posts since 23 Aug, 2001 from Vienna

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 am

Hi!

The Randomization for Kosmology V6 is still under development I guess? I miss the Randomization for single sections like filter, LFOs, etc. like in the old Kosmology ...

Thanks
Cubase Pro 10 - WIN10 64bit - Rob Papen, NI, UVI, Arturia, PSP, Sugar Bytes, Sound Toys, D16, Cherry Audio, IK Multimedia, Meldaproduction, Polyverse, Waves, ...

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:21 am

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:48 am
Andy,

Is there any overlap between the Kosmology Collection https://hgsounds.com/product/kosmology- ... ontakt-56/ and the Multiverse Collection https://hgsounds.com/product/multiverse-collection/

Are there any additional features included in the Kosmology collection and Multiverse Collection that were in the originals?

Is there any reason to keep the individual Kosmology instruments?

I have had many of the HG instruments but have barely used them. The little that I have played with them I really enjoyed the experience. I got the Kosmology collection because my cost was low but the Multiverse Collection cost is high even with the generous discounts.

IIRC you stated that Kosmology is more complete than Multiverse. Am I way off?

Side note, glad that you will have another Group Buy and especially that your focus will be on midi. Yea, midi!
The difference is the underlying sample collections, and that’s all really. Multiverse has many more instruments because classics and infected were already large collections in their own right :) Both releases contain all available preset files, so there is no need to combine the collections anymore which is one reason why I’ve done this.

There’s certainly no reason to keep the old products if you get the collections, the old instruments are included in the ‘instruments - legacy’ folder.

There are some significant changes in the new versions. Firstly, the originals shared the same groups for each synth, now they have been duplicated so they have their own set. Kosmology has seen the most changes, the cpu use has been reduced a lot (although the K6 Effects are quite cpu heavy in the K6 versions). Kosmology also has some extra parameters compared to the originals.

The main reasons I’ve done this is to firstly bring the instruments inline with my more modern instruments and make them more logical and easy to use with the larger GUIs. It’s also my first time doing anything K6 specific and the new FX are really nice! Secondly the Kosmology/Multiverse releases was messy and confusing because they started as different product lines but got each others scripts as a way of adding extra value. I pretty much regret doing that, it was done to add value but has just been an endless source of confusion and wasted hours of my life having to explain it. Now there’s just 2 Products and no need for merging them together to share the presets because all presets are included in both (another source of confusion!).

Yes another Group Buy, I have some ideas but still thinking about it :)

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am

muswellhillbilly wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 am
Hi!

The Randomization for Kosmology V6 is still under development I guess? I miss the Randomization for single sections like filter, LFOs, etc. like in the old Kosmology ...

Thanks
The original Kosmology doesn’t have that, this one has exactly the same Randomizers. But the good news is that I am planning to add more localised Randomizers.

At the moment it’s about prioritising as I need to fund the dev time, so Multiverse was boosted up the priority chain last week. I’ll probably be doing the Cassetto script next to get the big work out of the way and then focus on improvements. Once I have all of the instruments built, it’s easy to update by just providing the new resource file instead of having to re-download the whole product.

PajKVR
KVRer
10 posts since 28 Oct, 2015

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am

I know it has more but just to be sure: Does the Multiverse Collection contain everything that's in the Kosmology Collection?

Fantastic packages, amazing instruments.

Paj
8^)
Last edited by PajKVR on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 am

PajKVR wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am
I know it has more but just to be sure: Does the Multiverse Collection contains everything that's in the Kosmology Collection?

Fantastic packages, amazing instruments.

Paj
8^)
Lol, no the sample content is completely different to each collection. Think of it as 2 completely unique Sample Collections which share the same synth engines. There’s no overlap between them at all. They both have identical presets, because the relevant presets can be loaded into any Kosmology or Multiverse but will sound different because of the different sample content of each instrument.

Honestly all these years later and it’s still hard to describe and confusing everyone :) I hoped these collections would resolve it, perhaps I should have just made one giant product instead.

As for the samples, the Kosmology product line were designed with Sequencing in mind, whereas the Multiverse samples were designed with Pads and atmospherics in mind and tend to be longer and more Pad like in nature. So both product lines have a different approach to the sampled sound.

I honestly regret the day I thought it was a good idea all those years ago to give each Release the others script, lol!

I’m glad you are liking them though, I’m really pleased with them both, I think it’s a massive improvement. I’ve come a long way since the days I wrote the original scripts hopefully! Re-working Kosmology was excruciating because I wanted to maintain preset compatibility, it would have been much quicker to have recoded it from scratch, it took around 5-6 weeks in all. It’s a very complex script and I code very differently in a much tidier way to back then thankfully :)

User avatar
Lempface
KVRist
163 posts since 29 Nov, 2004 from Beyond the Realms of Death

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:59 am

Hi Andy,

I have Multiverse Classics and Kosmology Space, is there anyway to get the new scripts for the single instruments without having to buy the entire collection?

Glad to hear you're doing another group buy this year! Will definitely buy in again.

Thanks,
Stephen
Last edited by Lempface on Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:10 am

Lempface wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:59 am
Hi Andy,

I have Multiverse Classics and Kosmology Space, is there anyway to get the new scripts for the single instruments without having to buy the entire collection?

Glad to hear you're doing another group buy this year! Will definitely guy in again.

Thanks,
Stephen
I’m afraid not, the complexity of supporting all of those products as well is just too much to deal with as well as time consuming. The idea with the collections is to just have 2 Products to support which can be updated easily. The last time I updated them all was when I decided to bite the bullet and take on the challenge of sorting it out into something manageable.

PajKVR
KVRer
10 posts since 28 Oct, 2015

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:56 am

Astralp wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:55 am

Lol, no the sample content is completely different to each collection. Think of it as 2 completely unique Sample Collections which share the same synth engines. There’s no overlap between them at all. They both have identical presets, because the relevant presets can be loaded into any Kosmology or Multiverse but will sound different because of the different sample content of each instrument.
. . .
Wow! Jeez---even more amazing. I had 100% coupons for each but I just sent a donation to show my appreciation for the great treatment and consideration you extend to your customers.

Maybe including some version of that first paragraph, above, in the product descriptions will eliminate this question for future customers.

Thanks again,
Paj
8^)

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks SO MUCH for your generosity, that’s seriously made my day :)

Yes, you are right. I did add a FAQ to the bottom of the page, I’ll see if I can improve on it!

Ryan99
KVRian
669 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:03 pm

In an earlier email I received, you stated that the Kosmology and Multiverse are on sale (15$ each) I think, and would be discontinued at the end of September. But the links are just getting to the bundles, not the individuals products.

I got the Kosmology bundle for free, but I own 2 of the 6 Multiverse products. It would have been better for me to buy some of the Multiverse missing than upgrading up front. I have a ton of your products, so if I get this right, I would need to pay around 80$ to upgrade to the Multiverse collections for essentially a new UI and engine. Am I right?

I have to say it's all still pretty confusing.

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:06 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:03 pm
In an earlier email I received, you stated that the Kosmology and Multiverse are on sale (15$ each) I think, and would be discontinued at the end of September. But the links are just getting to the bundles, not the individuals products.

I got the Kosmology bundle for free, but I own 2 of the 6 Multiverse products. It would have been better for me to buy some of the Multiverse missing than upgrading up front. I have a ton of your products, so if I get this right, I would need to pay around 80$ to upgrade to the Multiverse collections for essentially a new UI and engine. Am I right?

I have to say it's all still pretty confusing.
Well Multiverse and Classics were both $25 as they were more expensive products, and I sold just 1 of any of the Kosmology/Multiverse releases after that email, so I had to rethink and just decided to simplify things. Send me an email, I’m sure we can work it out :)

As for it being a simple upgrade, I have to disagree, I’m in my 7th week of working on it, it’s been a huge job and it also adds the Cassetto Bootlegs to the collections. It’s up to users to gauge if it’s worth if for them. I’m always the first to admit I’m not very natural at the business end of things and the K/M products are a bit like my own personal Brexit mess. I certainly never meant to upset anyone and always try to be fair with my prices. This time of year is always tough and all of this is simply a way of funding the development time to do the necessary work.

Many people are getting the upgrade for free that own all of the releases (as you did with Kosmology), which is mostly down to the Group Buy bonus products over 2 of the Group buys, so I was trying to be generous, but I have to fund the time somehow to keep a roof over my head like everyone else.

tatanka
KVRian
1156 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:20 am

I see that I maybe not be the only one for whom the big new version is to much cause for me not free and upgrade still to expensive.

On the other hand I would like to stay in touch with devellopment and support devellopment not only in groupbuy time (cause you have to eat something in the rest of the year too) and as there is a Free version already and I am afraid the confusion wont be solved even if there are only two main versions now :-), how about a "light version" ? No idea how to split and of course there should be NO extra devellopment effort. so could be only reduced soundset I think and without all that later releases integrated maybe.

Maybe just think about it, its just a BIG gap between getting this as a free upgrade and even the sales prize with a litle reduction for one/a few mutiverse/kosmology from the groupbuys. If it works this way financially for you I am fine cause I still have so much to explore from the groupbuys and as another one is coming......but to be honest I have a little doubt if there really will be enough people paying more then 100 bucks for this, not today with so much quality libraries going only for ridiculous sales prizes.

User avatar
Astralp
KVRAF
2026 posts since 25 Feb, 2005 from Ganymede

Re: Kosmology and Multiverse Support Thread

Post Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:39 am

Well, you have to remember what the cost of these libraries was just 2 weeks ago, the new prices are almost half the cost was to get them all. It is also good for me to have some higher priced products for sale. There are ups and downs to it for sure but it’s impossible to please everybody, and it’s far too late for me to change it now. Freefall is a free fully fledged and unique product already, so that is the lite version.

The original products still work perfectly fine and as with anything it’s always a customers choice whether to buy something if it has value for them. From my point of view, this is solving more problems and headaches for me than it’s creating. I’m happy with the sales from it so far, it’s enough to fund the development. Most of my sales come from the latest product when released, selling older products is pretty rare. After this I will be back to my standard release cycle, this is something I’ve needed to do for a few years and I’m just relieved to finally get it done.

I think people basically see these as free products because I had the bonuses in the group buys and so people got them for free. But the Kosmology script initially took me 18 months to work on starting out as Kosmos and then re-developed as Kosmology as my scripting improved. Then there is all of the hours of work that went into each of the underlying sample collections. It represents years of my life. So I’m afraid I disagree with you on the price point but I respect your opinion.

I’m not intending to do the bonus products again in future Group Buys, I think it has devalued the worth of the products, but will probably still possibly have stages with discount coupons. I hear a lot from people how they haven’t used half of the products they’ve got, and it’s hard for me to hear that. I make them for people to make music with and hope that is what they do. I think the bonus products is directly responsible for creating that situation sadly and made them into things to collect over being Musical Instruments. I don’t mean that in a negative or disrespectful way, as I appreciate everyone’s support immensely, but money is not my driving force, creating is. I could and have made much more money with a job, but I’d rather take that financial risk/hit and try to do something more personally rewarding. I’m thankful every single day that it remains possible to continue to do so. The Group Buys have been an ongoing experiment for me and a learning process.

It’s impossible to make everybody happy such as the anger towards not getting a second set of bonus products when buying the Group Buy again. A lot of people have opened multiple accounts to get around that and now I’m getting emails from people who want me to combine all of those accounts to get the upgrades for free. I have no system to do that easily. One person had 5 accounts with basically every single product across them all. It’s pretty insane, so I’ve decided not to do that again in future group buys.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit but hope you understand where I’m coming from a bit more :)

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”