Using a carefully planned and detailed setup, we immortalized the sound of a renowned German Grand, through the ears of a binaural dummy.
Binaural Piano is a truly inspiring virtual instrument, suitable for every task, from Classical mock-ups to Film scoring, trailers and Pop productions. As always, we aimed to get as close to the real thing as possible, so we captured the Sympathetic Resonances of every possible key combination, summing up to the huge amount of 7.744 samples just for the Resonances themselves. We did the same for the Sustain Pedal resonances and the Release samples, plus we recorded the Hammer noises in isolation, to be used either as an effect or as an additional percussive layer.
On top of that, we have included our dual True Stereo convolution module that allows the user to place the Binaural Piano in various Spaces (Studio Rooms, Concert Halls, Churches etc) allowing for a truly remarkable flexibility and sound realism. This translates to an equivalent of having 55 mic positions for each Decca Mic (without the need to download and fill hard drives with terabytes of data), plus the ability to mix and match two Mic instances, creating the perfect space for your instrument. Each Mic can also be moved in Space (through the Pan slider), altering drastically the character and position of the Reflections and offering infinite sound possibilities. Last but not least, Binaural Piano is perfectly capable of bone-dry sound, thus allowing you to use your own Reverb and audio processing.
https://soundcloud.com/neocymatics/sets ... iano-demos
- 13 velocities per key and 2x Round Robin on each velocity.
- Bright and Dark mode (different samples)
- Binaural Sympathetic Resonance with controllable volume
- Binaural Sustain Pedal Resonance with controllable volume
- Inaudible Noise floor
- 2 True Stereo Convolution channels featuring 55 different Spaces
- Stereo enhancer controls for all Mics
- Phase-aligned Mono channel that can be blended with the Binaural mic or used by itself (for mono compatible multimedia productions)
- 4 band parametric EQ
- Velocity response curve
- Dynamics response knob
- Individual key Tuning (capable of stretch tuning or total detuning of the Piano)
- Timbre slider that alters the tone of the instrument
- Dedicated Noise samples (12 velocities 2x Round Robin)
- Dedicated Release samples
- Ability to create experimental sounds and FX with Noises, Sympathetic resonances, Detuning and Timbre control
- 14.520 samples (48kHz / 24 bit) originally recorded at 192 kHz
- 18 ready Presets (Kontakt Snapshots) with the ability to save your own favorite setups
After that the price will be 88€.
I must note that this instrument requires the full version of Kontakt 5 (or 6).
Thank you for listening! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!