Elephant Head (Raga) need feedback on this mix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was a fun experiment...it’s an instrumental piece with some obscure eastern scales and traditional Indian instruments. I think the first half may be too bass heavy. Volume needs boosting but I normally leave this until the final mix. Happy to receive your feedback, any advice, pointers etc.
https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/elephant-head-extended
Last edited by frank1985 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reuploaded :phones:

Hi,i Think the song is well mixed,i dont have so mucho control in this kind of music,but sounds right (to my ears).The song is very inspiring and evocative,well done!

sounds great to me!
was transported to india and enjoyed the trip very much so :tu:

you said elsewhere you are interested in film scoring, i think you are well on your way, this would work well with a visual storyline :)

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:30 pm sounds great to me!
was transported to india and enjoyed the trip very much so :tu:

you said elsewhere you are interested in film scoring, i think you are well on your way, this would work well with a visual storyline :)
thanks mcanicos, and vurt for the encouragement ...I find it much easier to compose / mix with samples of actual instruments though; just need to work on my synthesis :?

btw i rather self indulgently added an extended outro / climax if anyone's interested

well it just takes time, you learn by doing.
unless you are neo learning kung fu.

but you'll get there :tu:

Hey Frank,

I like the oriental indian touch a lot ... song sounds overall good to me and I like it very much.

... maybe some subbass is needed to make it sound more full ... the highs need a little boost ... and the string at the end (starting at 11:18) simply do not sound natural

Follow you now on SC and liked the track.

Best T.I.L.I.D.I.N.

Return to “Music Cafe”