Cableguys ShaperBox 2 Released | VST 3 + Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

enCiphered wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:43 pmIt´s almost 2020, most if not everyone is working with high-resolution displays. There is really absolutely no excuse for ignoring the importance of resizable UI´s nowadays.
Oh ShaperBox has Retina/HiDPI support, it's all with crisp, clear graphics there.

Upgraded without hesitation, but +1 for a resize feature. :D
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

Is there a way to import old shaperbox instances into the new version?

sleepcircle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:53 pm Is there a way to import old shaperbox instances into the new version?
Not directly, but you can load your SB1 presets into SB2: In SB1, make sure your presets are Synced (they can still be Private), and then Sync SB2. So if you have a project containing SB1 instances, you can replace them with SB2 using this method. Note that you would have to recreate any DAW automation (perhaps your DAW lets you copy/paste it between lanes, though).

Does that answer your question?

And Curve, when you update it.

You guys have some great upgrade plans. :tu: Not only single upgrade prices for the shapers, but, also upgrade plans if you own a bunch. :o

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:23 pm You guys have some great upgrade plans. :tu: Not only single upgrade prices for the shapers, but, also upgrade plans if you own a bunch. :o
Thank you a lot - glad to hear that!

if i copy the instance of the plugin in DAW, does it now connects the selected preset in the browser, or have i manually switch through the browser to selected preset ?

First picture looks great so far....

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:09 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:53 pm Is there a way to import old shaperbox instances into the new version?
Not directly, but you can load your SB1 presets into SB2: In SB1, make sure your presets are Synced (they can still be Private), and then Sync SB2. So if you have a project containing SB1 instances, you can replace them with SB2 using this method. Note that you would have to recreate any DAW automation (perhaps your DAW lets you copy/paste it between lanes, though).

Does that answer your question?
ok, cool, that's doable. i was afraid I'd have to reconstruct things by hand.

EDIT: ok it says i can't connect to the server. there is no firewall on.
Last edited by sleepcircle on Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enCiphered wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:43 pm It´s almost 2020, most if not everyone is working with high-resolution displays.
I hear this a lot but I'm not sure it's true.

https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resol ... /worldwide

Caveat 1. I don't know how they collate their stats, or the sample size
Caveat 2. Audio dudes and dudettes might be a corner case

I'm using a 1080p monitor btw, but yeah a resizable would be great.

Upgraded anyway :D

Don't destroy the discussion with facts. :D

Well, to be fair... i DO think that the amount of people on high dpi displays is bigger for people who are into music production, because 1. the amount of Mac users is higher, and those mostly have high dpi displays, and 2. there are people with large 4k screens in their studios. I still wouldn't dare to guess how many actually are on higher resolutions. The only 4k device i have is my TV.

Upgraded to Sharebox2 full, excellent release.

Also still on FHD res here as well, knew I'm a no-one! ;)

The percentage of high-DPI monitors will grow and you need to support it.

Also, keep in mind that they are used by people who do have money, ie. potential customers.

Either way, great update! Definitely interested in it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Sounds like they do:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:47 pm Oh ShaperBox has Retina/HiDPI support, it's all with crisp, clear graphics there.
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:35 pm Regarding resizable UI: No sorry, the plugin UI is not resizable. For this release there had already been tons of other improvements that we've addressed - but a resizable UI is definitely something we want to work on in future.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:59 pm
enCiphered wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:43 pm It´s almost 2020, most if not everyone is working with high-resolution displays.
I hear this a lot but I'm not sure it's true.

https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resol ... /worldwide

Caveat 1. I don't know how they collate their stats, or the sample size
Caveat 2. Audio dudes and dudettes might be a corner case

I'm using a 1080p monitor btw, but yeah a resizable would be great.

Upgraded anyway :D
That chart doesn't even list 4K. And its not clear what 'other' is.

The price of 4K display panels has dropped drastically in the last few months. I suspect by next year 4K displays and TVs will be very cheap they'll be no reason not to upgrade even in low income regions.
Last edited by v1o on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Effects”