VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ozone 11 Advanced

I'm sorry, I have to:

Re: Snake Oil video
- runs the Master Assistant in Vintage mode
- listens to it, goes: WOW, sounds amazing!
- let's take a look at the modules... oh well, I hate plugins that use the word "vintage"
- conclusion: Ozone Vintage mode sucks because if you want vintage you shouldn't use plugins, "just buy yourself a tape machine"

To say this dude's opinion is flat-out garbage, would be devaluing garbage. He is the highest-profile moron on YT.

Is it true you get a free copy of melodyne if you get Izo 9?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:55 am Is it true you get a free copy of melodyne if you get Izo 9?
Comes with Nectar 3.

I’m wondering why Master Rebalance only does three categories (Vocal, Bass, Drums) while the original RX Rebalance has a fourth (Other).

Found an answer to my query in the RX7 info:
“Music Rebalance is capable of isolating three audio stems in a full mix—drums/percussion, bass, and vocal—leaving everything else in the mix as a fourth stem.”
And, of course, the most important difference between RX7 Rebalance and O9A Rebalance is the fact that the latter works in real time.

Just been mixing & mastering my latest remix. I wanted Ozone 9 to be faster and indeed it is faster. :tu: Saving time, as life is short and there are so many tracks to make.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

By faster do you mean less CPU? Or faster workflow allowing you to get job done quicker.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Mostly less CPU usage, also when rendering. That wasn't clear at first, but it is faster.

But workflow with Tonal Balance & EQ is also neat.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

This guy has a good summary what's new in O9A.
Unusual sane YT video...

https://youtu.be/21J7qLS8ag0

I dont have 9 but I have 8 elements and was able to compare it to IKM TRacks5. Izo 8 uses much less resources compared ot TRacks -- in my system at least. :-(
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

jochicago wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:54 am I'm sorry, I have to:

- let's take a look at the modules... oh well, I hate plugins that use the word "vintage"
- conclusion: Ozone Vintage mode sucks because if you want vintage you shouldn't use plugins, "just buy yourself a tape machine"

To say this dude's opinion is flat-out garbage, would be devaluing garbage. He is the highest-profile moron on YT.
^^ THIS ^^
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jochicago wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:02 pm
Symphony Sid wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:37 pm Keep a close eye when using Vintage mode with the Mastering Assistant.
I've been watching some of the videos that have been coming out. In one of the videos, the Izotope product manager says that the Vintage mode of the assistant is not meant to be a finalized chain. It's a chain designed around using mostly the vintage modules but it's not up to the standard of letting Ozone do it's thing properly (engaging all the modules at will). So when you use the Vintange mode of the assistant you are getting a starting point and expected to take over the chain to correct and finish it.
Ah that makes sense. At least it's not a permanent result you cant change after the fact. So we have the opportunity to go through it, keep what we like and change tor toss what we don't like.

jochicago wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:54 am I'm sorry, I have to:

Agreed. His methods are flawed, he contradicts himself, and seems to treat his own opinion as absolute gospel.

No one should take him seriously. He seems to be intentionally saying controversial stuff just so he can get "views" from both his fans AND he's haters. He's just manipulating people to get monetised. Don't give him the pleasure. If you don't like what he says, DEFINITELY don't keep watching his stuff.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 am This guy has a good summary what's new in O9A.
Unusual sane YT video...

https://youtu.be/21J7qLS8ag0
Yup- its nice, but as he says, if you have 8 there really is no need to update, If it was anyone else it would be a free .5 update.

Same with MSP 2.1 to 3, unless you need/want the reverbs, there is really no need to update.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

From my first quick play, “Low End Focus“ is the best extra bit from 8.
When you solo the bottom end and slide between punchy and smooth, the difference is clear to hear. I also noticed the presets from Elements are now included. Not sure if they were part of 8?

Im wondering who really thinks master rebalance is a good feature, this is obviously a big compromise in terms of audio quality, sure I see escenarios in which this feature may be handy but its obviously a gimmick to get inexperienced mixers and masters to buy to buy this version, because any professional is not going to settle for this compromise while working on serious projects as its better to re-mix the source to be using this function.

I think Izotope lost their focus in the development of their plug ins while feeling the pressure from developers like fabfilter, its trying to appeal to the inexperienced with features like "AI" for automixing and other kind of amateur gimmicks, while triyng to offer serious quality for seasoned professionals.

Making their plug ins do less instead of offering more features while making it simpler to achieve them, and also charged us more for it at same time.

There was a time were izotope was a essential tool but now they just stretched them selfs thin, Maybe Rx its their best offering now but nectar, ozone and neutron seem kind of average when compared to other developers offerings.

Return to “Effects”