Retrospective Collection 01 [Ambient mixed]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
SyntheticAurality
KVRAF
9158 posts since 3 Apr, 2002 from Austin, TX USA

Post Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:36 am

Today, I am happy to announce the release of the first album in my Retrospective collection of the best tracks of my past 5 years:

https://soundcloud.com/user-208168884/s ... lection-01

Some background: for years, I've created ambient music, and gotten, well, less than awful at it with help from the electronic music community. Thins were gong well..

..until I developed diabetic retinopathy and lost my vision.  I lost everything I owned, including my original project files for all my music.  It took a year to get to the point where I had one impaired eye, good enough to see to restart my music career.. now FULL TIME since I'm retired on permanent disability.

I re-connected with all my online friends, some of whom I've known for more than 14 years.  One of friends, Vince (goes by CowboysFan in Buzzen chat) had kept a collection of my best work, and returned copies to me.  Being given back my past is one of the most precious gifts I've ever been given.

So, to close out my old life, I've re-mastered 39 tracks over 5 collections,  to show my musical history.  I provide them free.

I'm likely to explore other genres than ambient now, but everyone here has inspired me for the rest of my life.

Thanks to everyone that has helped.
'Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing' :hihi:
Blog: https://eaverill3rd.blogspot.com/

AndonHH
KVRist
35 posts since 28 Aug, 2019

Re: Retrospective Collection 01 [Ambient mixed]

Post Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:50 pm

I feel at ease while listening to most of your works, this is a good thing as it lets me sort of mditate and explore inner visions based on the sounds coming in my ears. They feel very dreamy, transporting me to an unknown planet full of alien life and have an oldchool analog sound to them. My favourite so far is "Dreams of Spring". Your story inspired me just now, never let go of your dreams, no matter what happens, there is someone there for you.

vurt
addled muppet weed
51538 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:59 am

wow dude, had no idea youd had the vision issues :hug:
will have to listen through these as time permits, ive enjoyed the single tracks you've posted :tu:

CrystalWizard
KVRian
886 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbit Sol III

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:41 am

That’s some great stuff. Made for a mellow 4am listen.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

wagtunes
KVRAF
17159 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 am

Picked one at random (Dark Of The Moon)

As atmospheric stuff goes it's well done. Not exactly my personal cup of tea for regular listening but I recognize the effort that went into this, especially the mix. So well done.

On another note, I am very sorry to hear about your trials. I can't even begin to imagine going through all that. You are a stronger person than I could ever be.

Stay that way.

biodiode
KVRian
553 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:43 am

I had a short listen to most of the tracks you posted here. I love the sonic soundscapes you have created and know the effort it takes to make such tracks. Thank you for sharing these.

I am also sorry to hear about your disability issues. Aside from hearing, I can think of nothing worse for a musician than to lose their sight and can only imagine the frustration this caused. Glad that at least you have improved enough to get back to making music again :tu:
Check out more of my work at https://www.biodiode.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

folderol
KVRAF
4830 posts since 5 Aug, 2006 from UK - Here!

Post Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:23 am

Very much enjoyed these. Thanks for not only sharing but also giving download links - so few people do that these days.

Sorry to hear about your sight problems, but respect for working through it and hitting 'restart'.
I have a number of friends with significant disabilities, and am always impressed at how they manage to overcome them... and with a sense of humour too :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)

Return to “Music Cafe”