Phonec updated to v2.4 (Now with MPE support)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
jack [psychicmodulation]
KVRian
1447 posts since 24 Apr, 2002 from New Orleans, LA

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__LNVGxmdzQ
Phonec has been updated to v2.4, which adds support for MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). This allows Phonec to become a multi-dimensional expressive instrument when used with MPE keyboards like the Roli SeaBoard and the Linnstrument. This update also brings several new features and fixes.

What's new:
  • MPE support
  • New Vox + Funk waveforms
  • Creamy New Filter
  • New Filter Melt option
  • New Noise Crusher
  • Better sync between Arp + Seq
  • Preset + Bank options now separated; easier to access
  • Preset sub folders now supported
  • Newly designed template presets included
  • Added Contour shapes for Mod Envelopes
  • Added HFO Rate to Aftertouch/Modwheel
  • Tooltip popup improvements
  • Windows 10 compatibility fix

More info here:
    https://www.psychicmodulation.com/phonec.html

*This is a free update to registered users. To get the update, just access your user account via the 'account' tab at psychicmodulation.com. The downloads in your account will always link to the latest updated versions.

If you have any questions or have trouble accessing your account, please let me know.

dbl9
KVRer
4 posts since 23 Nov, 2014

Re: Phonec updated to v2.4 (Now with MPE support)

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Jack,
Love your stuff.
I'm trying to update to v2.4. The account page says "An email was sent with instructions for accessing your account" but I am not seeing it. Checked the junk mail too. Any ideas?
Thanks

gnu23
KVRian
603 posts since 8 Mar, 2004 from Network 23

Post Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:50 pm

:tu: :clap:

Looking forward to working with the new features!
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

jack [psychicmodulation]
KVRian

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:58 am

dbl9 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:09 pm
Jack,
Love your stuff.
I'm trying to update to v2.4. The account page says "An email was sent with instructions for accessing your account" but I am not seeing it. Checked the junk mail too. Any ideas?
Thanks
Sending you a PM...

dbl9
KVRer
4 posts since 23 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:07 am

Got it! Thank you, and your guess was correct. I had used a different email address, so chalk it up to total user error. Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to checking out the new features.

abelard
KVRer
1 posts since 5 Oct, 2019

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 am

Brilliant! Like many here, I've been eagerly awaiting MPE support!

As a Seaboard user, I do have one feature request: the default pitchbend of a Seaboard is +/-48 semitones, while Phonec tops out at 12. Would it be possible to expand the allowed range of values in the next release?

Thanks for a great synth, and for what looks like a great update.

jack [psychicmodulation]
KVRian

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:25 am

abelard wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:08 am
Brilliant! Like many here, I've been eagerly awaiting MPE support!

As a Seaboard user, I do have one feature request: the default pitchbend of a Seaboard is +/-48 semitones, while Phonec tops out at 12. Would it be possible to expand the allowed range of values in the next release?

Thanks for a great synth, and for what looks like a great update.
Yes, that was pointed out to me recently. So absolutely, next update will increase the Pitchbend range.

jack [psychicmodulation]
KVRian

Post Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:07 am

We've fixed a small issue with Phonec 2.3 > 2.4 preset compatibility, plus a couple other things.
  • Fixed: Presets from v2.3 that used a Triangle waveform on the Sub Oscillator specifically were loading up as Square waveforms. This update fixes that and these presets will now load correctly. This has been corrected in the Factory Bank as well.
  • Updated: The Factory Bank has been updated so that in MPE mode, Amp now defaults to Aftertouch, and Filter to cc74. This is a more practical setup for most MPE controllers.
  • New: The Pitchbend Range has now been increased to 48. This allows full pitch slides on MPE keyboards, which usually default to the 48 range.
  • Extra: A new patchbank is included, 'Factory(MPE)', which is the same as the Factory bank, but set up for MPE use, with Pitchbend ranges set to 48, and with MPE Mode active. **This patchbank is for use in an MPE environment only. If used in a standard environment, no sound will be heard.
*Note: Some of the changes mentioned above have been applied by updating the 'Factory' bank. If you're not seeing all of these changes after loading Phonec, it could be because you have a Default bank loading at startup, which doesn't consist of these changes. The Factory Bank can be accessed at any time by clicking on the small hexagon in the bottom right corner, and choosing it from the list.

The Default bank is a duplicate of the Factory bank that used to be supplied with Phonec and installed in the Banks folder, but now I leave this up to the user if they choose to create and customize their own Default startup bank. The Default Bank is not a necessary component, and can be removed or overwritten if it's not being used as a customized bank. If you're unsure how to do this, and don't want to scour the manual, contact me and I'll be happy to guide you through.

Return to “Psychic Modulation”