New MPE synths...

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
User avatar
Roger_Linn
KVRAF
1519 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design

Post Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:16 pm

LarsDaniel wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:09 am
I don´t know if this is on your list, but FH-2 from Expert Sleepers does MPE.
Yes, it is.

FontaineBurnett
KVRist
34 posts since 17 Mar, 2020

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:37 am

The very fun Ambient-Noise/Soundscaping synthesizer Shoom for iOS just got updated with MPE support.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/shoom-syn ... 63141?l=en

mrspiral
KVRist
99 posts since 10 May, 2018

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:48 am

FontaineBurnett wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:37 am
The very fun Ambient-Noise/Soundscaping synthesizer Shoom for iOS just got updated with MPE support.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/shoom-syn ... 63141?l=en
thank you so much for telling us about this! I am a huge fan of Xynthesizr, Yuri Torov’s first app, and I have looked at this one for years but never pulled the trigger. I got close when he added Ableton link, but MPE MIDI input made the decision for me. I can’t wait to see what’s under the hood!
Mike Metlay, PhD (nuclear physics -- no, seriously!) :D
listen to me: Mr. Spiral | join the fam: RadioSpiral | my gig: Atomic Words LLC (coming soon)

User avatar
Roger_Linn
KVRAF
1519 posts since 8 Jun, 2010
Roger Linn Design

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:54 pm

I was just contacted by Shoom's maker and added it to the Recommended Sounds page.

Synthplus81
KVRer
4 posts since 22 Sep, 2017

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Tue May 19, 2020 1:28 pm

My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.
The first thing I did was set it up with my Linnstrument.
The Linnstrument fired up right away via front-panel USB.
So far everything seems to be working well, but there is still much to explore.

An amazing controller to pair with an amazing synth.
I am very excited about all the possibilities. :hyper:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8077 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Phosphor 3 (alphaSyntauri emulation and more) by audio damage was just released with mpe support, much like Quanta and Continua, their other mpe synths.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8077 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Tue May 19, 2020 4:09 pm

I don't see Imaginando FRMS on the list. Really good FM/Granular synth both for desktop and iOS.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

John the Savage
KVRist
428 posts since 28 Mar, 2017

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Tue May 19, 2020 4:37 pm

Synthplus81 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:28 pm
My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.
The first thing I did was set it up with my Linnstrument.
The Linnstrument fired up right away via front-panel USB.
So far everything seems to be working well, but there is still much to explore.

An amazing controller to pair with an amazing synth.
I am very excited about all the possibilities. :hyper:
Please do report back on MPE operations. Videos would be amazing too, if you've got the time and equipment. I've been watching this one for a while...

Cheers!

P.S. The latest press on the Argon8 mentions full MPE support. I'm liking the general aesthetic of that synth too. Exciting times. Now, if only I could leave the house... :wink:

Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF
8077 posts since 12 May, 2008

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Tue May 19, 2020 5:21 pm

You could also add the Memorymoon ME80. The pitch range isn't linear though because of how the CS-80 bend ribbon works so it won't have correct pitch bend ranges, but you could set it to work for smaller ranges and vibrato.
System: Windows 10, Dell XPS 2-in-1, Bitwig 3, Steinberg UR44.

tiantong
KVRist
144 posts since 9 Sep, 2018

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Wed May 20, 2020 1:08 am

John the Savage wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:37 pm
Synthplus81 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:28 pm
My Kodamo EssenceFM arrived in the mail today.
The first thing I did was set it up with my Linnstrument.
The Linnstrument fired up right away via front-panel USB.
So far everything seems to be working well, but there is still much to explore.

An amazing controller to pair with an amazing synth.
I am very excited about all the possibilities. :hyper:
Please do report back on MPE operations. Videos would be amazing too, if you've got the time and equipment. I've been watching this one for a while...

Cheers!

P.S. The latest press on the Argon8 mentions full MPE support. I'm liking the general aesthetic of that synth too. Exciting times. Now, if only I could leave the house... :wink:
Wow, congratulations. Yes, please, post some videos...

tiantong
KVRist
144 posts since 9 Sep, 2018

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 am

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:00 pm
Phosphor 3 (alphaSyntauri emulation and more) by audio damage was just released with mpe support, much like Quanta and Continua, their other mpe synths.
Yes, just released today.

Bleass Alpha was also upgraded to MPE support. Timbre and pressure controls assignable to one destination. Pitchbend not adjustable (as far I can see fixed to 48 semit)

leighzi88
KVRer
6 posts since 22 Jun, 2016

Re: New MPE synths...

Post Sun May 24, 2020 12:32 am

The Argon8 has just released firmware 2.0 which introduces MPE :)

Return to “Roger Linn Design”