Orchestral Uplifting Trance (Did I do it right?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
hhuang9611
KVRian
671 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Post Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

So I decided to try something new this time.(Still trance, however) I have always enjoyed orchestral elements in EDM and, even better, I found out that there is a sub-genre trance called "orchestral trance." However I have never done any actual orchestral compositions before, and all I know about it was from a few tutorials I watched. Anyway, here is the result (It's still work in progress since I think it needs some final tweaks, but I am happy with the overall feel right now)
https://soundcloud.com/ray_d8/valedicti ... ix/s-RFSfn

Currently, all I understand about orchestral elements in trance is that I need a motif and to divide chords into different instruments, and that's exactly what I did. I think the track is alright, but I would really appreciate some comments from you guys. Thanks for listening! :tu:

Also, just FYI, the orchestral library I used was the stock one in Ableton Live (except choir, which was from omnisphere).
Last edited by hhuang9611 on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trance, Trance Is Life

Mikelo
KVRian
1401 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Re: Orchestral Uplifting Trance (Did I do it right?)

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:49 am

Hi, really liked this. Great work. As for the strings though, there was no movement, just very static. The stings need to have movement. You need to add expression to them. I would also suggest at using darker strings as they are way to bright for this track. Might be worth looking at 8Diio or Project Sam. I think the last four ending loops could end on the first.
But over all, l really like this!
Look at the size of my dongle

hhuang9611
KVRian
671 posts since 1 Mar, 2018 from USA

Re: Orchestral Uplifting Trance (Did I do it right?)

Post Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Mikelo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:49 am
Hi, really liked this. Great work. As for the strings though, there was no movement, just very static. The stings need to have movement. You need to add expression to them. I would also suggest at using darker strings as they are way to bright for this track. Might be worth looking at 8Diio or Project Sam. I think the last four ending loops could end on the first.
But over all, l really like this!
Thank you! I'm glad that you liked it! Really appreciate the advice. I will check those libraries out :tu:
Trance, Trance Is Life

Return to “Music Cafe”