The Intrancer Presents - " The Fields Of A Pulsar Star "

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been a few years since I've posted anything on soundcloud as many tracks have been project based and on youtube... but anyway, here's a fresh new one which has been on the back burner for some time..I actually forgot it existed even though it's one I first started some months back... It was planned to be much longer like some of my others...but I think it hits the sweet spot time wise..with a little update to it in the past day...

https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff- ... ulsar-star
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Posting my music on this forum was a mistake, I'm gonna have to find a better music forum.... any suggestions ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:52 pm Posting my music on this forum was a mistake, I'm gonna have to find a better music forum.... any suggestions ?
There's a guy who has a very active Discord.
He roasts songs people post there, and other Discord users also critique them too.
There's a rule that you must critique other people before you post, "roast before you post".
You can watch his roasts and discord link here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/underbe11y/videos

Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:52 pm Posting my music on this forum was a mistake, I'm gonna have to find a better music forum.... any suggestions ?
He roasts songs people post there, and other Discord users also critique them too.
There's a rule that you must critique other people before you post, "roast before you post".
Interesting, although the chat stream by it's very nature doesn't provide the best critique which is otherwise achievable vie that of a message board. His singular opinion, whilst on it own has merit as any other, provides no general consensus like in which one would have from a group.
_____

My other thoughts,...

I think the rules / system in the Song / Cafe section KVR need to be revised here with thread post limiting, because there is one particular user monopolising this forum (I don't need to name who I think). It's really acting as a vacuum for all other artists, nobody gets a fair equal opportunity with one that is constantly dominating the last post top spot... These threads serve just one person, it's not like the DAW forum section where one thread can serve thousands of people that use a DAW or are interested in using a particular DAW.

The music section should be focused on critique, not a never ending chat thread that dominates this part of the site. I think there should be song post limit per week so the song section can't be abused. No more than four songs should be set which I think is fair.

It's really a big turn off from posting songs here, which may have taken days or weeks to produce... when one is person is stealing the limelight... Just posting this has reminded me why I've not posted here in over a year...
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There are some groups on Facebook you can try, Trance focused ones, if I were you I'd do a search for "Trance producer" groups over there, then you'd get feedback from like-minded people.
...I'm not a huge fan of the Discord chat format either, but its an active group.
There's also VI-Control; some talented people over there, but mostly focused on purely Orchestral, which seems to be a part of what you do...

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:05 pm
Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm
Interesting, although the chat stream by it's very nature doesn't provide the best critique which is otherwise achievable vie that of a message board. His singular opinion, whilst on it own has merit as any other, provides no general consensus like in which one would have from a group.
_____

My other thoughts,...

I think the rules / system in the Song / Cafe section KVR need to be revised here with thread post limiting, because there is one particular user monopolising this forum (I don't need to name who I think). It's really acting as a vacuum for all other artists, nobody gets a fair equal opportunity with one that is constantly dominating the last post top spot... These threads serve just one person, it's not like the DAW forum section where one thread can serve thousands of people that use a DAW or are interested in using a particular DAW.

The music section should be focused on critique, not a never ending chat thread that dominates this part of the site. I think there should be song post limit per week so the song section can't be abused. No more than four songs should be set which I think is fair.

It's really a big turn off from posting songs here, which may have taken days or weeks to produce... when one is person is stealing the limelight... Just posting this has reminded me why I've not posted here in over a year...
I'm sure you're referring to me buddy. Let me tell you something. Imagine if, instead of posting ALL my songs into one thread, I started a new thread for every song I posted. The whole first page of this sub forum would be littered with my threads. But this way, there's just ONE thread.

That's monopolizing?

Are you f**king kidding me?

In addition, I comment on almost EVERY SONG POSTED HERE.

I am one of the most giving and supportive members in this forum though my songs hardly get any feedback at all.

Wanna see my stats?

Here they are.

140 tracks commented on
285 total comments
286 total tracks

48.951048951 Percent commented on
2.0357142857 Comments per track commented on
0.9965034965 Comments per total tracks posted

So with all of the tracks I've posted, I've averaged LESS than ONE COMMENT PER TRACK.

So before you go mouthing off about other people, how about getting your f**king facts straight?

Oh, I was going to comment on your track but given you're such a douche I'm not going to bother.

while there are any number of issues that i would happily go
toe to toe w/ wags on , this would not be one of them ...
he spends an inordinate amount of time reviewing other peoples' work
in the cafe ... so , tip o' the cap to steven for that effort ...

you , INTRANCER , otoh , get a nice cheese plate , to accompany your whine ...

experimental.crow wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:52 pm while there are any number of issues that i would happily go
toe to toe w/ wags on , this would not be one of them ...
he spends an inordinate amount of time reviewing other peoples' work
in the cafe ... so , tip o' the cap to steven for that effort ...

you , INTRANCER , otoh , get a nice cheese plate , to accompany your whine ...
Thank you. I know we've had our differences and I can be a royal pain in the ass, but I know what it's like to be ignored here so I try my hardest to acknowledge the efforts of others.

Trust me, those days when I wake up and come here and there are 10 new comments on songs and none of them are on mine, it gets hard to be giving. But I suck it up and do my part. Because if everybody here did like what they do at Gearslutz (post but never comment) this place would be a ghost town. Fortunately, we do have a few people here who are very active and support other members. I just try to do my small part here.

I would have been glad to comment on this guy's track. The other day, I pulled up one of Aaron's old threads that never got one comment. Looks like I'm going to be the only one to comment on it. Kind of sad, but that's the way it is here with very few exceptions.

In short, I am finding that we don't live in a very giving world. With most people it's just take and take and take.

I'm not sure it was any better when I was a kid.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:27 pm I'm sure you're referring to me buddy. Let me tell you something. Imagine if, instead of posting ALL my songs into one thread, I started a new thread for every song I posted. The whole first page of this sub forum would be littered with my threads. But this way, there's just ONE thread.

That's monopolizing?

I am one of the most giving and supportive members in this forum though my songs hardly get any feedback at all.

Wanna see my stats?

Here they are.

140 tracks commented on
285 total comments
286 total tracks

So with all of the tracks I've posted, I've averaged LESS than ONE COMMENT PER TRACK.

So before you go mouthing off about other people, how about getting your f**king facts straight?

Asshole.

Oh, I was going to comment on your track but given you're such an ass wipe I'm not going to bother.
First off, posting aggressive abusive language on this forum towards other people is unacceptable and will have you banned and that is universal on pretty much every forum on the internet.

Secondly I didn't call anyone out by name... my issue is with the current system that this forum has in allowing users threads to dominate over others in a way that is detrimental to the eco system in getting one's work to be fairly demonstrated for the benefit of there efforts. It's the very essence in which the system works that allows that to happen hence why I put forth my suggestions for change and impose restrictions that will benefit everybody and their music. If one wants to put all their music into one thread, then fair enough but there should be a timeout period where tracks can no longer be commented on. This puts the onus on the person's control over how much music they can share, because very few will be able be willing to comment on everything the OP post's. This means you get more valuable feedback...and on tracks which you deem worthy of people critiquing.

If one has 5...10.. 20... 100 tracks then one could use a streaming service like youtube to let people listen to them all for an hour if one wanted.

My issue is with the system that allows the imbalance, and the way it's easily abused intentionally or unintentionally, it's not personal.

Forums are an ecosystem, they need to work to be effective.

I've been reviewing music since 2001 on what was I'd consider the best music reviewing system there's been since DAW's took important steps in their evolution. That was Reasonstation.net which sadly ran out of funding towards 2008. It was brilliantly integrated, with comments, charts, review and rating system in addition to a very active forum.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:11 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:27 pm I'm sure you're referring to me buddy. Let me tell you something. Imagine if, instead of posting ALL my songs into one thread, I started a new thread for every song I posted. The whole first page of this sub forum would be littered with my threads. But this way, there's just ONE thread.

That's monopolizing?

Wanna see my stats?

Here they are.

140 tracks commented on
285 total comments
286 total tracks

Asshole.

Oh, I was going to comment on your track but given you're such an ass wipe I'm not going to bother.
First off, posting aggressive abusive language on this forum towards other people is unacceptable and will have you banned and that is universal on pretty much every forum on the internet.

Secondly I didn't call anyone out by name... my issue is with the current system that this forum has in allowing users threads to dominate over others in a way that is detrimental to the eco system in getting one's work to be fairly demonstrated for the benefit of there efforts. It's the very essence in which the system works that allows that to happen hence why I put forth my suggestions for change and impose restrictions that will benefit everybody and their music. If one wants to put all their music into one thread, then fair enough but there should be a timeout period where tracks can no longer be commented on. This puts the onus on the person's control over how much music they can share, because very few will be able be willing to comment on everything the OP post's. This means you get more valuable feedback...and on tracks which you deem worthy of people critiquing.

If one has 5...10.. 20... 100 tracks then one could use a streaming service like youtube to let people listen to them all for an hour if one wanted.

My issue is with the system that allows the imbalance, and the way it's easily abused intentionally or unintentionally, it's not personal.

Forums are an ecosystem, they need to work to be effective.
Then I suggest you take your complaints and suggestions to the powers that be here.

Let me know how far you get with that.

One last thing. There is a HUGE fallacy to your argument.

Imagine this was a very active forum with hundreds of active members. Even limiting everybody to one post a week, no one track would be on the first page, let alone at the top spot, for more than an hour or two.

It has nothing to do with the number of tracks any one person can or can't post. Most people never record more than a song a week anyway. Most, not even that often. If you came here as often as I do (obviously you don't) you'd find that most threads stay on the first page for several days. And even to THAT end, most don't get more than 1 or 2 comments.

The problem is NOT with the rules. The problem is most people just don't care. They have better things to do with their time than to listen to the music of people who don't have the following of a mountain goat. It's not like any of us are the Beatles. Hell, if they pinned your thread to the top of this forum for a week, you'd be lucky to get more than 2 comments.

But you want to blame it on the system. Yeah, that's rich.

Anyway, I'm done. I've wasted more than enough time on you as it is.

Hey, at least thank me for keeping this thread near the top of the page.

Interesting how you STILL don't have any comments on your music.

Wonder why that is?

PS. This thread has been near the top of page one now for almost 20 hours and still no comments on the music.

Yeah, the system is definitely broken.

Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:19 pm There are some groups on Facebook you can try, Trance focused ones, if I were you I'd do a search for "Trance producer" groups over there, then you'd get feedback from like-minded people.
...I'm not a huge fan of the Discord chat format either, but its an active group.
There's also VI-Control; some talented people over there, but mostly focused on purely Orchestral, which seems to be a part of what you do...
I have a FB account where I share my music on my own page so my friends can listen to what I create and to see what I'm up to in my visual works...it's kinda like a notice board so FB as a concept for reviewing doesn't fit right beyond my own page...the notion of reviewing stuff vie that social media format just seems weird...

I had never heard of VI-Control before so thanks for highlighting it...I found the forums there... so this is one new place to explore and to gauge the activity and dynamic of over the next few days... and that of usefulness in feedback with ones music... and whether it will really aid as a new catalysis for sharing in a key area of focus musically..

Cheers... :-)

https://vi-control.net/community/

OT...The track seemed to be building towards something that I felt as a listener never really happened. I didn't mind it generally, but is (at least to my ears) very much in the state of a background music that doesn't draw you in as a listener. It needs some kind of hook or at least a piece of stronger instrumentation that helps it stand out and create interest. The rhythmic content is likewise a bit on the tame side and doesn't really take the track far enough.

You said that the track was intended to be part of something longer....I think you need to complete it to create a more substantial listening experience.

cheers

Why was it a mistake? Because in twelve hours nobody had commented?

Going through your post history, the only times you seem to have commented on others' work were yesterday, and one comment in December of 2017. Given that, even your comment yesterday was probably only the minimum you thought you needed to do before you dropped your own music.

So yeah, maybe rant some more about how broken the system is :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”