I made a decision

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I decided to create everything now so also my drum pattern. I will use this drum pattern probably for most of my songs but at least I created it myself.
The Two songs I made are this ones:

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/a-new-beginning

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/happy-tune

I hope some of you like them, I am the happiest with the Happy Tune song personally.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:10 pmI will use this drum pattern probably for most of my songs
Why?

You can choose to open your Daw as a blank canvas. Why would you start painting the same way every time? Keep experimenting!

I really am not good at creating drums...
Let me put it this way, I can create hundreds of songs but not hundreds of different drumpatterns...

Mozex wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:22 pm I really am not good at creating drums...
you get better by taking a chance :tu:
wont come over night, but it wont come at all if you dont try.

If only there were a way to change that :tu:

i dont usually go in for bible quoting n stuff, but i noticed in your other thread you do...
imagine if moses had said "you know what? i cant get through that desert, im just gonna chill here in egypt".

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:30 pm i dont usually go in for bible quoting n stuff, but i noticed in your other thread you do...
imagine if moses had said "you know what? i cant get through that desert, im just gonna chill here in egypt".
Or “screw it, Satan is right - gonna get me some of that temptation rather than get all hot and sweaty in the desert”

lol vurt

Nice track, but kinda unfinished (structure).

Mozex wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:42 pmlol vurt
i hope you understood my point though :phones:
do your best and keep trying, it gets better with more experience.
try listening to some different styles, focusing on the beats, just try to recreate odd little bits. doesnt have to be full songs, just practice 8)

you've took this one step from loops to creating your own, pat yourself on the back for that.

Yeah, one step in the right direction can lead to the next one, so don’t stop once you’re in motion.

Thx all, I will do my best

Let me put it this way, I can create hundreds of songs but not hundreds of different drumpatterns...
My weakness was percussion too. Until I bought VPS Avenger. It has tons of good drum kits and patterns built in, multi-genre. If you look on my Youtube channel you'll find a video "why I bought VPS Avenger", and percussion was pretty high on the list. I've been happy with it in that department. If you have some spare $$ on Black Friday, I'd recommend it.
Check it out (Tutorial #5):
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 5%3A+DRUMS

I will also offer two pieces of advice. This is not just beneficial for drums/percussion:

1) Diversify your listening experience. listen to tons of music from all genres. You may not want to produce in pop, rock or dubstep. However, listening to to a whole range of music other than what you commonly might will give you access to a lot of new ingredients, flavours and 'spices' that could make it, consciously or sub-consciously into your workflow.

2) Watch masters work. It doesn't even matter if they are using tools/instruments that are different to those that you are using, or producing in genres you have no interest in. Just watching how for some 'producers' technology is just an extension of themselves (Not dissimilar to a classical musician with their chosen instrument), can really open up a world of possibilities.
Even if you weren't using Ableton, I'd advise you watch Mr.Bill at work. As I said, you may not want to mimic his style, but you'd have a much better idea of what kind of sandbox you have to play in :tu:

Here's a playlist. The videos start off a little dry, but get a lot better with later videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvaxzI ... gI&index=1

Thx, if I get stuck I will watch it

Return to “Music Cafe”