Orb Composer S 1.5.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orb Composer Artist S Orb Composer Pro S

Just meant to add my $0.2.
If anyone here is looking for an interesting and user-friendly way to make music, don't buy Orb.
I bought version 1.5 in October with the Black Friday deal and it's (like many people have said before) the worst piece of music software I've ever bought. 'll try and make a list of all the bigs I've found and let you know in this forum soo..
The potential is huge but the usability is awful.
The worst part of it is they won't listen to anything you say. If you tell them about a problem, they'll answer you're doing it wrong or you don't understand the software. Never any encouragement or any acknowledgement.
Oh yeah, and don't bother if you don't have at least 64GB of RAM for your sample libraries, otherwise it sounds like sh*t.

The worst part of it is they won't listen to anything you say. If you tell them about a problem, they'll answer you're doing it wrong or you don't understand the software.
This so much.

Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

They rolled out a new suite of smaller smart plugins to generate specific chords, melodies and basses.

https://www.orb-composer.com/orb-producer-suite-2/

Didn't try them out yet, but this looks like an escape forward.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:22 pm They rolled out a new suite of smaller smart plugins to generate specific chords, melodies and basses.

Thank you for sharing. So it looks like for 99 euro (79 euro for the first 15 days with a special coupon code), we can become beta testers for Hexachords's new product line.

Orb Composer is still currently at version 1.5.1. I wonder when it will receive another update.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I will not buy anything else from them, till I get a my configuration working.

Having a lot of integration problems with Logic Pro X.

is it possible to get Orb Composer working with Logic Pro X ?

Does someone as manage to make a working DAW template for Logic Pro X ?
(Hexachords doesn't provides a working one and any tutorial for it).

Any comments would be helpful.
Thank you in advance.
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

Botox1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:58 pmDoes someone as manage to make a working DAW template for Logic Pro X ?
I'm sorry that I cannot help you; I do not have Logic Pro X.

Being that you are a Logic Pro X user, perhaps you can help out a different software company (Harvest Plugins) by being a beta tester for their new AU plugin: https://harvestplugin.com/mini-au-beta/
Last edited by tonedef71 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Looks to me like they got rid of Orb Composer Artist entirely, and there is no crossgrade option for Artist users - is that right?

bharris22 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:20 pmLooks to me like they got rid of Orb Composer Artist entirely, and there is no crossgrade option for Artist users - is that right?
I believe you are right, although Artist 1.4 users may still upgrade to Artist 1.5. I always thought the Artist version was an ill-conceived offering. The new Orb Producer Suite of tools is better suited for producers while Orb Composers is better suited for composers of scores and such. For folks who like the Captain Plugins but do not want their laptops connected to the internet in order to use them will appreciate the fully off-line usage of Orb Producer Suite.

bharris22 wrote:and there is no crossgrade option for Artist users - is that right?
For Artist users, you can still upgrade to Orb Composer Pro with one of these options:
and then I suppose you become a beta tester for Orb Producer Suite for just another 99 euro. :borg:

tonedef71 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:06 pm
Botox1 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:58 pmDoes someone as manage to make a working DAW template for Logic Pro X ?
I'm sorry that I cannot help you; I do not have Logic Pro X.

Being that you are a Logic Pro X user, perhaps you can "ww.kvraudio.com/news/harvest-plugins-calls-for-product-testers-au-announcement" help out a different software company (Harvest Plugins) by being a beta tester for their new AU plugin: hhttps://harvest plugin.com/ mini-au-beta/
Thank you for your answer :wink: But I am not interested in going trough another plugin or software solution. I already try the integration with Studio One which is working very well.
But, My goal is to make/understand how Orb Composer should work with Logic Pro X, which is my environment production.

I am not a musician or sound engineer, I am using Logic Pro X because it use to be quick and easy to use for making audio soundtrack for films and videos.

The Orb Composer support just don't help on Logic Pro X. They leave you with: "the template DAW for Logic is tinkered to work" And "We don't understand how to work with Logic Pro".... OK .... But they sale the software to work with it.

They provide a Logic Template which is not working for recording each midi tracks.
No tutorial... No support... Nothing.

I try to get a support or a clear solution from them until september.
The support told me: "We doesn't want to provide any support for Logic users" and they just told me to use Studio One to be helped by them....

Incredible for a 300 Euros software (saled to work with Logic).

A lot of bugs.
No user guide.
No support.
No tutorial.
No user community.

Disappointed! :(

So, if someone as a solution with Logic Pro X, :idea:
I will appreciate an answer.

Thank you in advance.
Protools 9, Logic Pro X, Studio One 4.5, Orb Composer, Kontakt 6.2.2, Mac Pro, OSX 10.12, 64Gb RAM.

@botox1 :
Have you try to connect the virtual midi port into the Logic environment ? It should works if I remember correctly ( I didn't use logic since logic 9 )
Best
YY

Whywhy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:33 pm @botox1 :
Have you try to connect the virtual midi port into the Logic environment ? It should works if I remember correctly ( I didn't use logic since logic 9 )
Thank you @Whywhy:
Which virtual midi port connection?
Do you mean, new devices and connections in the midi environment window?

I have add
1 monitor,
1 sequencer imput
and try with 2 transformers (for the try of two instruments in the template)
but I can't understand where and how to connect everything to these. Each instruments? each sum? each sub? each instrument articulation? each channel split?
So many possibilities... :dog:

There are a lot of elements in the Hexachords template, which renders the moves, modifications, and access difficult in the midi environment.

I should put a capture of the environment... It is the mess
Last edited by Botox1 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:22 pm They rolled out a new suite of smaller smart plugins to generate specific chords, melodies and basses.

I installed the Orb Producer Suite demo and initially liked the results I got. The problem is that each of the 4 plugins has an option to sync to your DAW (only tried it in Cakewalk) which is how I was trying to use it but only rarely did I manage to get all 4 plugins to play simultaneously. For example, clicking on "DAW" for one plugin it would result in DAW being de-selected on one of the others! Very frustrating.

I quite like the UI and the randomisation/Orb options seemed to produce musical results quite easily.

I also got a crash when I tried to delete the last "Theme" in one of the plugins. I assume that there always has to be at least one "Theme" but the error handling should really detect and prevent attempts to remove the last one rather than crash.

I will see if it works any better in some of my other DAWs.

UPDATE: I just tried it in Studio One Pro 4, Cubase Pro 10 and Reaper and the DAW sync remained reliably selected on all 4 plugins.

Anyone else tried it?

Thanks, ZincT – are you getting the crash when deleting the last Theme in Studio One Pro 4?

Yes it's the same in Studio One. Haven't tried the crash in the other DAWs but I suspect it is the plugin rather than the DAW for that particular problem.

On the fingers of one hand I can count the music software I've bought, then regretted. I could lose two or three fingers and still make that claim.

Ohhhh well. Win some, lose some.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”