Tranzistow plugin

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Doesn't appear in my plugin list
You can grab it here ( donate if you use it seriously )
The plugin s[pplash screen showed up during scanning , but it doesn't appear in the list , search index gives nothing .
The plugin lisst is imho still a bit dodgy , it shows up in the other hosts I own ( renoise , studio one )
This is a verry serious synth and would be gutted if I can't use it in architect ( it's smaller brother diodow does show up )
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/hrastwerk/tranzistow.htm
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'll take a look. Are you on 32-bit or 64-bit windows?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

win 10 , 64 bit ( 64 bit plugins only )
Eyeball exchanging

Thanks. I'll try it for myself and then post back here if I need any further information from you.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Any news ?
Eyeball exchanging

Not yet, I'm afraid: I just haven't had a chance to look into it, as I've been deep into some other, nastier, issues. I've scheduled a little time this weekend to investigate (provided nothing major crops up in the meantime.)

EDIT: Forget that, I will look at it today, as I need a break from nasty issues, and this one sounds easy!

OK, I've managed to reproduce this issue. When I scan, I get the "Dreams are allowed" splash screen (twice), and then after a while, the plug-in gets added to the blacklist.

The out-of-process plug-in scanner has a certain timeout; after (I think) 30 seconds of no response, it assumes that the plug-in has frozen and locked the scanner, and so it stops the scanner, blacklists the plug-in, and starts a new scanner. I assumed 30 seconds would be plenty of time for most scans, but it seems this plug-in (at least on my slow Win 10 test machine) needs more time than allowed. I'll look into either (a) giving it more time, or (b) optimising the scan so it can be finished quicker, if possible.

In the meantime, I suggest:
- Removing the plug-in from the blacklist
- (Temporarily) switching the "separate process" plug-in scanner options off
- Running a rescan.
- Switching the "separate process" back on.

The in-process scanner doesn't have the same timeout, so it's happy to wait as long as the plug-in takes.

I've done that, and the plug-in works fine. (Caveat: well, it loads, the UI opens, and it make noises. I haven't tested at all thoroughly.)

Tranzistow has always been notoriously slow to load here with Reaper/Win 10.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

Not just my system, then!

I think I now know what I need to do in order to improve this, so the next release should scan such plug-ins without hassles.

Yes , tranzisotw has ( on some systems ) notoriously long loading times .
But here it doesn't even show up as blacklisted , in fact I can't even find the backlisted plugin list ?
No matter which scanning procedure I choose ( in process scanner )

edit found the scrolbar to scroll to blacklist :dog:
Eyeball exchanging

All good :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”