Maschine - will it work in Receptor?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi New user here. Will NI Maschine load onto a Receptor 2+ and allow me to use the controller without my macbook?

All NI products use the new MIDI system which receives data from the NI software installed on your computer.
The Receptor is not able to update to the NI software versions where this option was made useable.
You can still use the Maschine but you will not get the data feedback that you do with updated software. It’s also possible that you will have to manually program all the MIDI control numbers and such.

Presently I use an older Arturia controller that was very good but does not have the new MIDI capability. This controller is perfect for the Receptor. I can tailor set everything for all my plugins, scroll through pages, assign channels, octave splits. All that stuff.
It’s certainly not as PnP but very versatile.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Fishoow thanks for the reply (I wasn't sure the group was still active or if I'd get any responce at all). I was due my Receptor yesterday but parcel force being as good as they are didn't even get it out of thier depot yesterday despite being ready for dispatch from 5:21 am according to their tracking grrr. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing any work out how much it can do for me. I'm hoping it will mean only one keyboard+maschine and the receptor requred for gigs and cut down on what I have to transport :-)

So, I should be more clear.
If you are getting a new Maschine model, it will not really work. The pads will send note values and the dials will send cc’s but they led screens will likely be useless. I don’t know for sure but those the Maschines are VERY integrated with current and updated software.
Receptor is stuck in 2013. NI Komplete 9 at the latest. There is absolutely no option of updating/upgrading further. Even the way the software serials are verified is different. The Maschine will be greatly limited in its capabilities. - Though, what you are doing is an experiment and could yield some unintended good results. I’m quite sure you will not get the intended use from it that NI has prescribed.

I use a Keith McMillen QuNeo for drum pad and triggers (and channel controls and switches). The LED feedback does not work because of the same reason your Maschine will not receive feedback. Receptors do not send ANY MIDI information. Your devices are only for input of MIDI signals.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”