If this aint good and still sounds as a loop then I just do not know anymore people

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex/luke-2267

Please, this has to be good, if this still is to repetive and just sounds as a loop then I really do not know anymore. I did everything I could to the point that I even think I will not be able to top this at all...
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

This is a huge improvement, and is the first thing I've heard from you that feels really cohesive.

There are still some things about the first part that I might change, but it feels so much more intentional, well thought out and, like I said, cohesive.

Varied, evolving beats. Different sounds (none of which were obnoxious edm leads :P), and then, out of the blue (and, I think, a first for you), you change things up completely.

When the change drops, it really opens up completely. Darker and more aggressive gives way to open, lighter (though still dark-ish) Reminds me a little of a track from Jarre's Rendezvous Houston gig (Can't remember which one). Either way, it creates good contrast to the first section.

Not bad for someone who supposedly couldn't create drum tracks, and was prepared to use the same beat on every track.

Well done :tu:

Thank you...

It sounds like you took a loop and put it through a note randomizer. There is no structure here. It's just a long string of notes playing until it ends. There are no breaks, no changes in dynamics and no real melody line. The piece is impossible to follow because it's all over the place. In essence, you've gone in the totally opposite direction except there isn't enough variance in the sections as far as dynamics, arrangement, etc. to make it enjoyable to listen to. Right now, it's what I call structured chaos.

Is it better than what you've done to date? In some ways yes. In other ways no.

Here's my suggestion. Take it for what it's worth to you.

Learn music theory and composition. Right now it's obvious you have no clue what you're doing and are just throwing things at the wall hoping something will stick. It's not happening.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but somebody has to be honest with you or you're never going to improve. If you think this is the best you can do, then you've got a serious problem. I won't even get into everything that's wrong with the mix, not the least of which is the kick is almost non existent.

Anyway, I've said my peace. What you do from here is up to you.

PS - I just read el-bo's remarks. I guess we must have listened to two different tracks.

Ok wagtunes np, I still continue on this pad. I does not really matter to me that you do not like it :) I like it a lot! So yeah, I do not really care about what you say :)

Mozex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:27 pm Ok wagtunes np, I still continue on this pad. I does not really matter to me that you do not like it :) I like it a lot! So yeah, I do not really care about what you say :)
You shouldn't care what I or anybody says. But you should be able to look at your music as objectively as possible. That's the only way you're going to improve. It took me a long time to learn that lesson and to actually listen to some of the people here. That's how I improved. That's how YOU'LL improve.

It's your life. I won't comment on anymore of your music as it's pointless.

Adios.

I liked Corinthians better than Luke. It isn’t clear to me what you’re trying to accomplish with these tracks though... is it a music bed for lead vocals which haven’t been added yet? If they are meant to be purely instrumental, there isn’t enough variation in the instrumentation, the arrangement, the melodic progression. Luke sounds a bit like a classic EBM track to me... if that’s what you’re going for, I would strongly encourage you to check out basically anything by Assemblage 23. He’s a members here, and a perfect example of someone who is totally on top of his game in terms of songwriting, arrangement, and production. Compare his sound to what you’ve got, and it should give you some clear guidance as to what you need to do to get to the next level.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Mozex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm if this still is to repetive and just sounds as a loop then I really do not know anymore. I did everything I could to the point that I even think I will not be able to top this at all...
You’ve been doing this for so little time, but you’re already talking as if you’ve learned everything there is to learn. It takes time to learn how to play an instrument and compose, and there are no shortcuts.

Anyone can throw loops together within minutes of learning how to use a tool, but you can’t expect the same to apply to learning real skills. You need to put the time in to get results from playing instruments.

Forgotten wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:59 pm
Mozex wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:29 pm if this still is to repetive and just sounds as a loop then I really do not know anymore. I did everything I could to the point that I even think I will not be able to top this at all...
You’ve been doing this for so little time, but you’re already talking as if you’ve learned everything there is to learn. It takes time to learn how to play an instrument and compose, and there are no shortcuts.

Anyone can throw loops together within minutes of learning how to use a tool, but you can’t expect the same to apply to learning real skills. You need to put the time in to get results from playing instruments.
I also understand that feeling that what I am capable at one point in time is the most I've got to give, and that I'll never manage to improve.

But it can/will improve.

It's important to look back to check where one has come from to see how much progression has been made. And at any moment that progression really does stop, then there are things that can be done to shake things up a little.

@forgotten I did not use any loops. I played everything myself...

@wagtunes: You can not say I do not listen. People said to create own drums. I did. People said to variate things more, I did. I just dont listen to you anymore because you keep on saying bad things :)

Look its simple: one says to drop the lead because it sounds bad another says to add lead because it is incomplete. This is the advice I get here. The only thing I learned about it is that everyone has a different opinion about a certain music track and that in the end the only one who really needs to be content about it is me. And I am :)

pretty cool like old style sounding track
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Music Cafe”