Restoration Suite 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality

Official support for: acondigital.com
rasmusklump
KVRian
903 posts since 13 May, 2004 from Germany

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:29 am

Generally I have the impression that when using the dynamic profile passages with strong sibilants sound like being de-essed. Shall I send you a part of a vinyl rip where I notice that ?

stian
KVRian
988 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Restoration Suite 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality

Post Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:09 am

rasmusklump wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:29 am
Generally I have the impression that when using the dynamic profile passages with strong sibilants sound like being de-essed. Shall I send you a part of a vinyl rip where I notice that ?
Yes, that could indeed happen if the noise you have learned from is similar to the syllable sounds, i.e. they share the same frequency spectrum and level distribution. For this to happen, the signal to noise ration must be rather low, otherwise you'd only get a slight softening of the syllables. If you want, I'd be happy to take a listen. Could you please send the rip using wetransfer or a similar service to support at acondigital dot com?

Best,
Stian

stian
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:53 pm

rasmusklump wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:29 am
Unfortunately, this turned out to be a problem with the new dynamic profiles in DeNoise 2. We apologize for the inconvenience. A phenomena similar to drop-outs could occur if the input level is higher than the maximum level of the internal statistical model (currently set to 0 dBFS). The problem would typically occur in a processing chain with high levels and a limiter at the end. We've fixed this in version 2.0.4, which is also notarized and code signed for full Catalina compatibility. Please see the product page for download links: https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/

Best,
Stian

rasmusklump
KVRian
903 posts since 13 May, 2004 from Germany

Post Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 am

Thank you very much for the as ever outstanding customer service

blue_luke
KVRer
2 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello Stian, :)
I have Acoustica 7.1.16 premium edition.
I understand I can upgrade to ver2 of some of the plugins, all I have to do is download and install?

Should I remove the older version beforehand?

Otherwise, boy am I happy that I bought this software last summer!
It is an incredible tool kit for what I do and a price I find quite reasonable!
Thank you, Luc

stian
KVRian

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi Luc!
blue_luke wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 pm
I have Acoustica 7.1.16 premium edition.
I understand I can upgrade to ver2 of some of the plugins, all I have to do is download and install?

Should I remove the older version beforehand?
Yes, you can simply download and install. Version 2 will appear along with the version 1 plug-ins after scanning for new plug-ins.
blue_luke wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:53 pm
Otherwise, boy am I happy that I bought this software last summer!
It is an incredible tool kit for what I do and a price I find quite reasonable!
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”