Restoration Suite 2 — a Giant Leap in Audio Quality

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Generally I have the impression that when using the dynamic profile passages with strong sibilants sound like being de-essed. Shall I send you a part of a vinyl rip where I notice that ?

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:29 pm Generally I have the impression that when using the dynamic profile passages with strong sibilants sound like being de-essed. Shall I send you a part of a vinyl rip where I notice that ?
Yes, that could indeed happen if the noise you have learned from is similar to the syllable sounds, i.e. they share the same frequency spectrum and level distribution. For this to happen, the signal to noise ration must be rather low, otherwise you'd only get a slight softening of the syllables. If you want, I'd be happy to take a listen. Could you please send the rip using wetransfer or a similar service to support at acondigital dot com?

Best,
Stian

rasmusklump wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:29 pm Generally I have the impression that when using the dynamic profile passages with strong sibilants sound like being de-essed. Shall I send you a part of a vinyl rip where I notice that ?
Unfortunately, this turned out to be a problem with the new dynamic profiles in DeNoise 2. We apologize for the inconvenience. A phenomena similar to drop-outs could occur if the input level is higher than the maximum level of the internal statistical model (currently set to 0 dBFS). The problem would typically occur in a processing chain with high levels and a limiter at the end. We've fixed this in version 2.0.4, which is also notarized and code signed for full Catalina compatibility. Please see the product page for download links: https://acondigital.com/products/restoration-suite/

Best,
Stian

Thank you very much for the as ever outstanding customer service

Hello Stian, :)
I have Acoustica 7.1.16 premium edition.
I understand I can upgrade to ver2 of some of the plugins, all I have to do is download and install?

Should I remove the older version beforehand?

Otherwise, boy am I happy that I bought this software last summer!
It is an incredible tool kit for what I do and a price I find quite reasonable!
Thank you, Luc

Hi Luc!
blue_luke wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 pm I have Acoustica 7.1.16 premium edition.
I understand I can upgrade to ver2 of some of the plugins, all I have to do is download and install?

Should I remove the older version beforehand?
Yes, you can simply download and install. Version 2 will appear along with the version 1 plug-ins after scanning for new plug-ins.
blue_luke wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:53 pm Otherwise, boy am I happy that I bought this software last summer!
It is an incredible tool kit for what I do and a price I find quite reasonable!
Thanks for the kind words! :)

Best,
Stian

Stian, I downloaded the Restoration suite. I have Acoustica 7.1.16 I re-scanned the plug-ins like you said to do above, and I now see the version 2 plug-ins, but when I try using them, they say that are in demo mode and I need to buy a license. From your post above, thought it would just work.....

tfhanson wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:15 pm Stian, I downloaded the Restoration suite. I have Acoustica 7.1.16 I re-scanned the plug-ins like you said to do above, and I now see the version 2 plug-ins, but when I try using them, they say that are in demo mode and I need to buy a license. From your post above, thought it would just work.....
That's strange, I'm sorry about that. You have an Acoustica Premium Edition 7 license, right? I'm afraid the Standard Edition doesn't include the plug-ins. If yes, did you try to enter your Acoustica Premium Edition license key in Restoration Suite 2?

Best,
Stian

It installed and ran perfectly for me. Nice upgrade!

Thanks for the awesome freebie!!!*

*i mean, free for owners of Acoustica Premium, pretty much the best damn deal in audio production

nathanj wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:59 am It installed and ran perfectly for me. Nice upgrade!

Thanks for the awesome freebie!!!*

*i mean, free for owners of Acoustica Premium, pretty much the best damn deal in audio production
Thanks, I'm glad you like it! :)

Best,
Stian

Hello,

I am a newby here but I have a question some of you may know the answer to.
Have Acoustica 7 Premium Edition, de-filter, deverberate and now recently De-noise 2.

My question is when using the De-noise 2 plug-ins either in Acoustica 7 Premium Edition or other DAW's is how could one match up the original sample or file with the now "delayed" sample or file?

since there is quite a bit of delay when using the denoise 2 plug-ins.
Please excuse my uneducated knowledge of vocabulary and terms but I think I am looking for the phase delay number in which it is off set'd. I'll try to figure it out on my own but thought this would be a helpful question.

In the ancouncement as of Oct 16, 2019 you mentioned that the Restauration Suite 2 will be includes in the "upcoming Acoustica Premium Edition 7.2.
Two days later Stian wrote "Yes, we're working hard on v7.2. It's been slightly delayed, but we expect to release in a month or so. We'll need to get it out quickly for full macOS Catalina support as mentioned earlier."

Now 4 month later there is no version 7.2; when will it come??? :scared:

Peter

Stian posted on Twitter about forthcoming version new features, so I am very confident that he is actively working on it.
Also, NAMM is coming in a few days, and I think Acon will be there.
So, all in all, I would rather prefer an update to come a bit later and be rock solid (like the other Acon plugins), than a half-baked update which might be unreliable and unstable... Most developers do the same (and i don't think that i know a single developer who released a plugin at D-day of ETA :) ).

If you're not on Twitter... https://twitter.com/AconDigital/status/ ... 41120?s=19

Nice addition! :tu:

williram wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:11 pm Hello,

I am a newby here but I have a question some of you may know the answer to.
Have Acoustica 7 Premium Edition, de-filter, deverberate and now recently De-noise 2.

My question is when using the De-noise 2 plug-ins either in Acoustica 7 Premium Edition or other DAW's is how could one match up the original sample or file with the now "delayed" sample or file?

since there is quite a bit of delay when using the denoise 2 plug-ins.
Please excuse my uneducated knowledge of vocabulary and terms but I think I am looking for the phase delay number in which it is off set'd. I'll try to figure it out on my own but thought this would be a helpful question.
Thanks for using so many of our products! The delay (usually referred to as "latency" when it comes to plug-ins) should be compensated by the host application in most cases. Are you using the plug-ins inside Acoustica or in another host? Normally, the plug-in reports the delay the host compensates for it by delaying all other signal paths.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”