Routing Devious Machines' Pitch Monster in Bitwig

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Do you know how can I setup Pitch Monster in order to control it using MIDI keyboard in Bitwig?

I mean, I works fine as an fx in an audio track, but I can't figure it out how to route MIDI into it.

I can either setup inputs as audio or MIDI, not both...I'm sure there must be a workaround to it, right?

Thanks!

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Just add a note fx called note receiver before Pitch Monster, than add a MIDI track and select it as input inside the note receiver.

That's it.

Thanks anyway!

I do it the same with some VST´s which can use incoming midi data (e.g. Shaperbox). But some Instruments do not route MIDI forward (like Avenger, Kontakt 5). If you want to use the same Midi information like the instrument on that track you can group your instrument with CTRL+G and then MIDI is routed forward even when the VST does not forward it.
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

don_looney wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:52 pmIf you want to use the same Midi information like the instrument on that track you can group your instrument with CTRL+G and then MIDI is routed forward even when the VST does not forward it.
Seems obvious now that I think of it, but it never occured to me. Thanks for the tip!!! :tu: :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Awesome, thanks!

Return to “Bitwig”