As kind as summer

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
metamorphosis
KVRAF
3861 posts since 8 Jan, 2005 from Hamilton, New Zealand

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:28 pm

https://soundcloud.com/soulstudiosprese ... -as-summer

4 tracks
Korg x5 - 2 synths
Drum kit
Bass & amp

wagtunes
KVRAF
17437 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: As kind as summer

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:55 pm

The basic idea is nice and the mix is good. But it needs more melodic development. Piece doesn't really go anywhere. It just kind of stays on one plane throughout. The subtle arrangement additions along the way aren't enough to keep it interesting. There is a lot of potential in this piece but it would need more development and also need to be a bit longer to allow for that development.

Only my opinion of course.

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
24960 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Sounds great. I like it a lot ... :)

biodiode
KVRian
567 posts since 23 Sep, 2003 from UK

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:28 am

I'm with wagtunes regarding the development of this track. You have all the bare bones there, it just lacks any kind of dynamics or tangible melody. It is certainly a good springboard that you can develop from and make the track longer.
Check out more of my work at https://www.adrianearnshaw.com where you will find tips, tricks on the blog and more of my compositions.

metamorphosis
KVRAF

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:55 pm
The basic idea is nice and the mix is good. But it needs more melodic development. Piece doesn't really go anywhere. It just kind of stays on one plane throughout. The subtle arrangement additions along the way aren't enough to keep it interesting. There is a lot of potential in this piece but it would need more development and also need to be a bit longer to allow for that development.

Only my opinion of course.
Yeah I think that's honest - I have no intention of expanding it as it's music for backing in a soundtrack - it doesn't actually need to go anywhere in that context, but you're right- as a standalone song, it doesn't go or arrive anywhere.

crimsonwarlock
KVRAF
2261 posts since 18 Apr, 2001 from The Netherlands

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Very nice ambiance, I like it. Mix is pretty good, although the drums sound a little bit 'out of place' in relation to the rest. Maybe try to EQ to get rid of that boxy-ness and put a very tiny bit of reverb on it, that might fix it.
metamorphosis wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 pm
I have no intention of expanding it as it's music for backing in a soundtrack
It is a bit 'loopy' but for your intended use that'snot a problem, probably even a requirement.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

metamorphosis
KVRAF

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:50 pm

Probably over-compression on my part regards the drums - but you're right, maybe a touch of reverb on them might open them up a little. They also might be a little high in the mix, I think.

Return to “Music Cafe”