PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:20 am GUI looks like Melda's wet dream.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Personally hate the flat screen trend. Feels as if the designer got lazy in the final stages. But some of the complaints I run across about certain skeuomorphic designs seem valid to me as well.

And although after many years I finally realized the flaws of Buddhism, I still carry those lessons and even still walk some of its tenants and precepts. Particularly in concerning this, desiring a middle ground between the two.
This GUI is enough to keep me from preorder though. (It's also the only reason I don't own Valhalla products.)

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 am You can even turn it into a LinnStrument Mini:
https://forum.sensel.com/t/my-6th-tunin ... t-mini/853
https://forum.sensel.com/t/12x6-linnstr ... rid/639/19
Wow! I had missed that thread.
I hope that Sensel will make a 36" long Morph
and make wider piano keys.

Play these and you will never miss piano keys again in your life. Piano keys are so 19th century...; - )

the idea is interesting. of course, if it's really good, I still wait until black friday

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:57 pm Piano keys are so 19th century...; - )
So's the guitar.
And drums are so neanderthal...
:hihi:

BBFG# wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:20 pm
Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:57 pm Piano keys are so 19th century...; - )
So's the guitar.
And drums are so neanderthal...
:hihi:
as are drummers.

And triangle players.

With my bamboo flutes, my chromatic stones and my temple woodblocks I feel like a Neanderthal.

By an extraordinary chance I also have a violin and an acoustic guitar to feel much less old.

Some say that the music didn't exist before the invention of the current digital synths. Now it is even worse : we should squarely consider as prehistoric the synths which are not MPE !

In fact, before the birth of these guys the world didn't even exist.

Pitiful world !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:08 pm In fact, before the birth of these guys the world didn't even exist.

Pitiful world !
Nah ... they're just pesky millennials (but they're on your lawn) :P :hihi:

:D
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had one professor postulate a belief that the first melodic instrument was probably the wind blowing through a hollow log.

:shrug:

BBFG# wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:15 pm I had one professor postulate a belief that the first melodic instrument was probably the wind blowing through a hollow log.
He’s certainly wrong, the original instrument is the voice...
It also has the most sophisticated UI - a direct brain to instrument interface...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:48 am
BBFG# wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:15 pm I had one professor postulate a belief that the first melodic instrument was probably the wind blowing through a hollow log.
He’s certainly wrong, the original instrument is the voice...
It also has the most sophisticated UI - a direct brain to instrument interface...
No, before the voice there was the bumslap...
with responsive UI...

I have some idea of what a waveguide is but what is a 'self-oscillating waveguide'? Is it like a speaker cone? Or maybe a vibrating tube...hmm
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”