Hard tek

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Underground music, please comment according to this genre.

https://soundcloud.com/tek-alfb/hard-tek-survivor

For starters, when you post music here, people are going to comment on it the way they want to, not the way you want them to.

Aside from that, underground is a very broad term. 60s underground sounds nothing like this. Without a frame of reference as to the era (is this 90s, turn of century, today?) I can only comment on it as music to itself. If that doesn't work for you, feel free to ignore these comments.

The kick is kind of weak. Not terrible, but could use a little more meat. The snare and rest of the percussion is okay. Doesn't really do much for me but it's passable. The lo fi sound is also kind of wussy. It's not real lo fi and at the same time, isn't hi fidelity. It's kind of in between and leaves me wondering what you're going for. Musically, to say it's sparse would be generous. It's essentially just a very minimalist loop played over and over with minor variations to try to keep it interesting. In this case, for me anyway, it fails. In short, the piece was dull and uninteresting. It did nothing for me.

And before you say I'm not into "underground" I was listening to underground music before it was even called underground. Some of it was quite strange, but at least it wasn't boring. Can't say that about what I just listened to.

Again, feel free to just dismiss me as an old man and disregard everything I just said. I am quite sure I am not your target audience.

Return to “Music Cafe”