Behringer TD-3 Analog Bass Line Synthesizer

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:50 pm presets on a 303? :nutter:

it's a live tweak machine ffs
I was speaking in general.

Most of the simple fixed architecture mono synths I have with WYSIWYG controls don't need preset memory, it really doesn't take long to get to the basic sound you want (or even a great deal of skill) once you know your way around. I am quote happy with the Model D and Odyssey the ay they are, once you add that 'screen' and call up sounds that are not represented by the switch and pot positions, it just looses its simplicity and beauty for me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I wouldn't mind having presets on the Odyssey.
I ordered the Behringer Odyssey (which doesn't have presets). I appreciate that it can result in a different 'relationship' towards your instrument.

Yet, it is quite a versatile instrument and getting a sound just right like you want it again, is something that takes some time.
When i get a sound just right, i prefer that i can save it for easy recall later. I already have an odyssey plugin (which has presets) . Yet I ordered the fully analog Behringer (no presets) because I hope this will bring something new to the table.

Stefken wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:06 pm I wouldn't mind having presets on the Odyssey.
I ordered the Behringer Odyssey (which doesn't have presets). I appreciate that it can result in a different 'relationship' towards your instrument.

Yet, it is quite a versatile instrument and getting a sound just right like you want it again, is something that takes some time.
When i get a sound just right, i prefer that i can save it for easy recall later. I already have an odyssey plugin (which has presets) . Yet I ordered the fully analog Behringer (no presets) because I hope this will bring something new to the table.
if it doesnt you should give it to vurt.

Stefken wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:06 pm I wouldn't mind having presets on the Odyssey.

I have the Behringer Odyssey and you will love it...the sequencer and fx have memory, but you don’t need it for the synth, you can almost hear how it sounds from looking at the top panel...the sliders want to be moved, not left static and your synth programming, visualisation and interaction with sound will probably improve (whilst having fun!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Listened and don't like it overall, it sounds like other Behringer instruments, didnt found here a warmth like in Tb-303 even not like best of VST acid emulations actually...so i think it's just a commercial move imho
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

EDIT: CBF'd
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

If they do it like on their other clones, and copy it on component level, i can't see how this would sound so different from the original.

NatLife wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm Listened and don't like it overall, it sounds like other Behringer instruments
such as?

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:51 pm If they do it like on their other clones, and copy it on component level, i can't see how this would sound so different from the original.
because it doesnt say "roland" and is cheap of course.

:)

I remember there were similar discussions on their Model D synth... and look where they are now, everybody raving about its authenticity. Not sure about the real die hard Moog folks though.

exactly!
in the end, all that matters is the people who like it buy it. whether its 100% or even 50% of the original who gives a monkeys, if someone enjoys it and can make use of it :)

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm :)

I remember there were similar discussions on their Model D synth... and look where they are now, everybody raving about its authenticity. Not sure about the real die hard Moog folks though.

ppl who pay 10 times the price are never going to admit it sounds the same

Hehe, i guess. :D It's a well known thing, isn't it... not only with synthesizers.

AnX wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:24 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:17 pm :)

ppl who pay 10 times the price are never going to admit it sounds the same
not all.
id be ok if they dropped the behringer minitaur at a daft price. i love the idea of this stuff getting in to the hands of kids, and at these prices they're a reasonable xmas/birthday present :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”