AudioBox vs Scarlett Solo v 3

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I kind of lost my old Scarlett Solo USB interface and am in need of a new one. I saw on PMT (UK music store, https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/products/st ... interfaces ) that it is now 97 punds whereas the Presonus AudioBox is only 72 punds.

I liked the Scarlett Solo, with it's distinct red color and all. What it doesn't have is a separate volume control for headphones, which is a shame. Also, I was always a bit afraid of unintentionally cranking up the volume to max, because of the oversized knob.

The AudioBox seems extremely generously fitted! In addition to solving the above problems, it also has MIDI in and out! Not that I need it anymore, but anyway it's impressive (and a bit nostalgic). Another good feature is the ability to send a stereo signal to it, which isn't really possible to do well with the Scarlett, so I could record an old synth or a CD player's output for example.

So, AudioBox seems like an obvious winner. However, I don't know if the sound quality is comparable, especially with the new version of the Scarlett range.

Anyone? :wink:

Thanks!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Done a bit more research and it seems Focusrite's the winner soundwise. Kind of a you get what you pay for-thing. Still, the price of the AudioBox is lower now than it used to be.
Go MuLab!

My experience with interfaces is getting the behringer umc22, getting very disappointed with noise and then switching to Scarlett and being satisfied.

Check well If the presonus sound is enough for you. Scarlett 2i2 has separated headphone volume, but of course, more expensive.
Better than this only the silence. Better than the silence only John.

Ksamphos wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:51 pm My experience with interfaces is getting the behringer umc22, getting very disappointed with noise and then switching to Scarlett and being satisfied.

Check well If the presonus sound is enough for you. Scarlett 2i2 has separated headphone volume, but of course, more expensive.
Thanks! I feel Presonus has always had an excellent reputation for their AD/DA's etc, but perhaps the AudioBox is of lower quality.
Go MuLab!

Scratch that. They're both great.

I just looked at this video from 2013, featuring an old version of Scarlett, the red mic and the headphones from the Scarlett studio. The singer sounds amazing with this setup. Kinda begs the question how much money we really need to spend on hardware... :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3fQ2H-Mc5c
Go MuLab!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”