Use a keyboard shortcut to trigger a function in a script

Edrec
KVRer
8 posts since 18 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 pm

Hey.. does anyone know a simple way to have a java script function be triggered by a keyboard shortcut in bitwig.. for example 'SHIFT+CONTROL+"D"

I was trying to figure out if there's some way to have an observer notify the script that a key combination has been pressed or something.. I may be missing something obvious, I couldn't find anything in the API documentation

moss
KVRAF
1759 posts since 13 May, 2004

Re: Use a keyboard shortcut to trigger a function in a script

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:36 am

Edrec wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:18 pm
Hey.. does anyone know a simple way to have a java script function be triggered by a keyboard shortcut in bitwig.. for example 'SHIFT+CONTROL+"D"

I was trying to figure out if there's some way to have an observer notify the script that a key combination has been pressed or something.. I may be missing something obvious, I couldn't find anything in the API documentation
No, that is currently not possible.

Edrec
KVRer
8 posts since 18 Apr, 2019

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm

Ah I thought that would be the case.. would be a nice feature to be added to the API :)

I saw there is now some basic image rendering into a window available in the latest API version.. maybe we will be able to create simple GUIs for custom scripts that can manipulate note data, perform custom functions etc..

moss
KVRAF
1759 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 am

Edrec wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:28 pm
I saw there is now some basic image rendering into a window available in the latest API version.. maybe we will be able to create simple GUIs for custom scripts that can manipulate note data, perform custom functions etc..
The intention of this is only for supporting graphics displays of controllers. The window is only intended for debugging. Proper GUI support will hopefully come in the future.

Return to “Controller Scripting”