TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Official support for: tal-software.com
trancema
KVRist
121 posts since 2 Mar, 2007

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:32 am

Hello,

I am trying TAL-Sampler in Logic as an alternative to old EXS-24 and I am finding it as an excellent alternative, but I am wondering about Layering of samples - it's lovely and straightforward workflow, but can I have independent filters and envelopes per layer? :?:
As I figured out so far, seems like that all 3 envelopes and filters are global, not per layer ? Am I correct?

Thanks :ud:

perpetual3
KVRian
1005 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:47 am

There are filters per layer.

Envelopes per layer would be nice. Email Patrick. He might not actually integrate the feature request, but in my experience he takes all feedback pretty seriously (like adding filters per layer).

User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
3737 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Underworld

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am

That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

trancema
KVRist
121 posts since 2 Mar, 2007

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:00 am

perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:47 am
There are filters per layer.

Envelopes per layer would be nice. Email Patrick. He might not actually integrate the feature request, but in my experience he takes all feedback pretty seriously (like adding filters per layer).
ok, thanks for quick answer. How do you activate filters per layer ? From what I see, it's only one global filter which you can assign to individual layers, but I'd need independent filters/different filter for different layer.
That one + individual envelopes would makes this sampler killer one, like Ableton's Simplers stacked. :tu:

perpetual3
KVRian
1005 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am

If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.

trancema
KVRist
121 posts since 2 Mar, 2007

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:04 pm

DuX wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am
That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
I fully agree. Separate output per layer is even more important as then we can later EQ layer in DAW's channel.
perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.
I've realized that, but there is no filter in layer controls, or I am missing something ?

Thanks.

perpetual3
KVRian
1005 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm

trancema wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:04 pm
DuX wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am
That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
I fully agree. Separate output per layer is even more important as then we can later EQ layer in DAW's channel.
perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.
I've realized that, but there is no filter in layer controls, or I am missing something ?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.22.28 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

trancema
KVRist
121 posts since 2 Mar, 2007

Re: TAL-Sampler - can I have envelopes and filter independently, per layer (?)

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:50 am

perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:25 pm
trancema wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:04 pm
DuX wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 am
That would be extremely nice... and then a separate output per layer, and maybe more layers? Like 8? :tu:
It would make me drop Kontakt out of the game, because I really love this synth/sampler. :party:
I fully agree. Separate output per layer is even more important as then we can later EQ layer in DAW's channel.
perpetual3 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
If you expand each layer, you’ll see the controls.
I've realized that, but there is no filter in layer controls, or I am missing something ?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 5.22.28 PM.png
:oops:

I am stupid, sorry about that :dog:

Thanks :tu:

Return to “TAL Software”