M8.3.4 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M8.3.0 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • New: Event mutes
  • Event Graph Editor: When tweaking velocity beams or drawing a curve line, now a tool tip pops up showing relevant details while dragging the beam/line. (cfr the mouse info in previous versions)
  • VST Plugin Manager: Extra category functions:
    + Add category to selected plugs
    + Remove category from selected plugs
    + Remove all categories from selected plugs
  • Default shortcuts to Project Open/Save/Save As were not ok. Fixed.
  • When auto-stretched sample events were clipped by the part's end, this was unintendedly taken into account by the auto-stretch. Fixed.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

:tu: all types of amazing

Thanks for the update :tu:
I have a question:
I keep seeing this but only on this forum.
What on earth does cfr stand for?

cfr is an abbreviation of confronta, the second-person singular imperative form of confrontare, a Latin transitive verb that means 'to confront,' 'to collate' and 'to compare.' Thus, cfr means you (second person singular) compare that with this (other thing).
sl23 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 amI keep seeing this but only on this forum.
cfr is another exclusive feature of MuTools!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Nice job jo, MuLab is looking great imho. Don’t forget about the built in analyzer request from a while back. Lotsa places
to implement that in the new layout I think.

Anyway, just a reminder to keep that in mind.

-cheers

Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:29 am cfr is an abbreviation of confronta, the second-person singular imperative form of confrontare, a Latin transitive verb that means 'to confront,' 'to collate' and 'to compare.' Thus, cfr means you (second person singular) compare that with this (other thing).
sl23 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:12 amI keep seeing this but only on this forum.
cfr is another exclusive feature of MuTools!
Always figured it was (C)See (F)For (R)Reference
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

dakkra wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 amAlways figured it was (C)See (F)For (R)Reference
Latin is a MUX: you can put the Subject- Verb- Object in any order depending on what you want to emphasise! Latin cfr MUX: create the musical Object you are hearing; start with a preset Subject and modify it; or make a sequence and see how it modifies different Subjects. :hyper:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

might have a bug- midi clip that I have does not display all the notes in the Compose window verses what is shown on the Edit window. doesn't seem to display the rest of the notes after a muted one
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 9.43.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 9.43.44 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

^ confirm in OSX.
BTW, if you mute notes, then draw others in the same measure and lasso both of them, Mute will toggle between them to A/B. Cool!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Mute notes is a very welcome addition, thanks Jo.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bbreakz wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:48 am might have a bug- midi clip that I have does not display all the notes in the Compose window verses what is shown on the Edit window. doesn't seem to display the rest of the notes after a muted one
A bug indeed.
Fixed in M8.3.1 available here: http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
Thanks!

Michael L wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:07 am
dakkra wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 amAlways figured it was (C)See (F)For (R)Reference
Latin is a MUX: you can put the Subject- Verb- Object in any order depending on what you want to emphasise! Latin cfr MUX: create the musical Object you are hearing; start with a preset Subject and modify it; or make a sequence and see how it modifies different Subjects. :hyper:
Thanks to both of you. I guessed it was a reference thing, just never come across it before.

Spotted an odd visual behaviour when muting tracks: Muting/soloing a track does not grey muted parts until a part is clicked in the timeline.
- If I mute a track whilst in Edit mode and then return to Compose all parts on that track are greyed. If I unmute that track in compose mode it does not restore the part colours until something clicked on the timeline, however, if I switch back to Modular or Edit and back to compose the colours are restored.

Thanks for reporting this. Will be fixed in the next M8.3.2.

M8.3.2 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
  • Project Browser: When "What" = All Files and "Where" is a large file set (eg. root folder) and "Which" didn't contain a name filter then this could overload MuLab/MUX resulting in a hang or crash. Fixed.
  • (Un)Muting tracks did not immediately redraw the parts to reflect their muted state. Fixed.
  • Previewing Multi-Samples and REX files from the Project Browser could cause a crash. Fixed.
  • MuLab menu -> "Help" sub-menu renamed to "Tools".
  • MuLab 32 bit: New "Convert REX Files" function that converts all REX files in a folder to standard WAV files which also include the REX slice markers. This new function is in the MuLab menu -> Tools.
  • Windows: When using both MuLab 32 bit and MuLab 64 bit and sharing the same user folder, the already inserted user key was not recognized between both versions and needed to be reinserted. Fixed.
How to update:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

Return to “MUTOOLS”