Padshop Pro in FL Studio 20.5.1 giving problems

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am Windows 10 x64. I recently got and installed the latest version of Padshop Pro and it has been a pain so far. Steinberg is definitely not in 2019, that's for sure. It is not working properly in FL Studio in that it opens fine, but when I change presets or something, the plugin GUI seems to crash and ultimately FL throws some error and then crashes itself. No sound comes out of Padshop Pro and then I have to quit and reopen FL. In short, the plugin is not really usable.

Also, "add to plugin database (as favorites)" does not capture the plugin thumbnail. Instead, it captures a part of FL Studio GUI. This is strange, but the functional issue above is quite annoying.

Is anyone else facing this problem? Do you have a solution/tip?

Thanks in advance. Please move the post to the relevant forum if required.

I didnt test it yet but did you report on il forum/ticket? I can confirm that every new versio introduces new problems with fl studio and there is still no crash protection included....
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:32 pm I didnt test it yet but did you report on il forum/ticket? I can confirm that every new versio introduces new problems with fl studio and there is still no crash protection included....
That sucks. Thanks for the tip, I have created a topic in the FL Studio tech support forum now, and also at Steinberg forum. I will post here if I there is any progress.

Thx a lot! I got bad experiences with steinberg. No replies and my tech ticket got replied months later. Maybe they fixed it :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Welcome! :) Haha, ridiculous. I am not going to buy anything Steinberg in future, that's for sure.

Hey. I don't have fl studio, but I do have cubase and logic on my mac. I like padshop a lot, but sadly it is also not usable in logic. It like this more than a year. Not only padshop, but other plugins from steinberg. Now, after catalina padshop is unusable outside of cubase. befor that I could use it in logic, but it would crush often. What Im trying to say that from my expirance with steinberg, is that they have bad support for their plugins outside of cubase. Also I can't get any support from them. becuse where I live, I can't open a ticket. I like Cubase, but I paid a lot of money on the absolut 3 bundle and it was somewhat unusable outside of cubase, and Ive got zero support. Also, they are only goin (from what I understand from their website) to support some plugins on catalina. Padshop 2, groove agent 5 for exmple... now I think it's really bad way to keep customers. I understand that they can't support all the version in the world. But to cancle support on plugins like groove agent 4, and padshop 1 (we will see padshop 2 soon i think) is little too soon. they are forcing me to upgrade to absolut 4. Again, I like cubase and steinberg's products but I think to find other plugins from a company that more fair to their costumers. Sadly padshop is a uniqe plugin.. sounds awsome. A lot of other granular synths sound too glitchy. less "pad" like, in the musical way.

Yes, indeed. Padshop Pro sounds really awesome. I wish it starts working properly soon.

Guys, turned out some problem related to e-licenser and licensing in general. Perhaps Padshop Pro was not able to properly instantiate itself because of that. There was some issue with the old soft e-licenser on which I had activated it. I asked for a new activation code by calling support team, which they gladly helped me with, and I activated in freshly on a new soft e-licenser. After this, it is working properly and I did not observe those two easily reproducible problems again. In fact, have updated to Padshop 2 and it seems to work well, too.

Hope it helps. :)

Thx. Was the steinberg support well?

Caine123 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:39 pm Thx. Was the steinberg support well?
It was excellent. I called their tech support phone number (Germany) and the guy resolved it in a minute. It was like you erased the old thing completely and started again fresh. You could also email at infoATsteinbergDOTde and they will reply in about 24 hours.

:tu:
Hope they keep it up

Yeah :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”