Desperately need to fix MXXX1 custom plug that broke upon update to v13

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Annabanna
KVRist
222 posts since 21 Jul, 2018

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm

TL/DR: Super long post describing problem with MXXX custom plug after updating. EricZang to the rescue. Enable button somehow got unchecked 20 steps into a cascading chain of MultiParameters.
Last edited by Annabanna on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
ericzang
KVRist
408 posts since 7 May, 2002 from Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Re: Desperately need to fix MXXX1 custom plug that broke upon update to v13

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:40 pm

Hopefully the solution actually is this simple:
Enabled box was off. I turned on and now the point moves in response to me manually moving MP20 with the mouse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Annabanna
KVRist
222 posts since 21 Jul, 2018

Re: Desperately need to fix MXXX1 custom plug that broke upon update to v13

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:56 pm

DOH! Didn't occur to me that it wouldn't be something directly attributable to the update since it was working just before. No idea how one individual checkbox could come undone on an individual MP I haven't opened for months. I suppose good will come of it, though, in that the panic caused me to revise my entire backup strategy... which is probably long overdue.

Will give a detailed description at some point as to what this does when I have time. Short version is it's a dance music optimizer that rather than seeking to maximize any one property, instead seeks a constantly shifting optimal balance between loudness, transient preservation, and rhythmic bounce... but it requires a custom designed workflow, so it can't just be slapped on a mix.

Will have to do some tests to see if that's all that was broken, but I'm elated to see the points moving again. If that turns out to be the whole fix, I'll have to name my first born ericzang. He's 19 now, so he may try to fight it, but HE didn't take the time to troubleshoot this, now did he?

User avatar
ericzang
KVRist
408 posts since 7 May, 2002 from Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Re: Desperately need to fix MXXX1 custom plug that broke upon update to v13

Post Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:32 pm

Great! Hope that's all it is! I've also experienced some changes to a couple of my elaborate mxxx projects (special effects and droney/rhythmic loopy type things based on the audio input, hope to get them ready to share at some point), though I don't think the Enabled parameter was one of them (but maybe I missed it too!).For me, more change happened when going from v11 to 12. Just a little bit I've noticed so far from 12 to 13. IIRC, I think it had to do with some midi maps and a few multiparameters' assigned parameters needing to be re done.

Cool, your project sounds really interesting! Haha, if your son would prefer to use just Zang that's fine too. Or at least maybe you can give the name to a pet or a plant or a rock. Actually, I think a rock would be best, as it is closest to immortal than most other things. :hail: :wheee:

Annabanna
KVRist
222 posts since 21 Jul, 2018

Re: Desperately need to fix MXXX1 custom plug that broke upon update to v13

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:28 am

Got an answer back from dev that makes sense. Looks like when I created the patch, some of the controls on the easy screen had a disable feature which just grayed them (or something similiar, I forget the details) to focus attention on the active ones. Apparently, feature was requested and added later to have any such controller disables also then disable the MultiParameters they drive... so on update, the newer version of MXXX1 saw the disabled controls, and interepreted that as a command to disable certain MP's. Something to that effect, anyway.

All good now.

Return to “MeldaProduction”