Uhbik 2.0 public alpha rev. 9313

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:31 am (Mid of January, huh? Never trust my estimates :lol: )
I hope you didn't mean 01/2021
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:05 am
Urs wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:31 am (Mid of January, huh? Never trust my estimates :lol: )
I hope you didn't mean 01/2021
I didn't, but we had a bunch of issues (e.g. prioritized maintenance updates due to Apple's notarization thing) which put Uhbik on the backburner for some of us, so that the January deadline for a release could not be met (which I guess has already been discussed in the newer thread here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536689 or any of the other threads regarding things going on)

What would be the easiest way for me to revert back to Uhbik 1?

I played with the alpha enough to decide I definitely want to use these plugins in important projects, so I'll make do with the 1.0 versions til release :D

Would just installing regular uhbik replace the alpha just the way the alpha replaced it in the first place?

i just use alpha in projects :)

alchemymusic wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:11 am What would be the easiest way for me to revert back to Uhbik 1?
Usually a downgrade to a previous version should work just fine by reinstalling the older version.
But especially on Windows systems, it could be that not all unneeded files will be properly removed.
In the case of an alpha version, I'd suggest to uninstall the alpha, and then reinstall Uhbik 1, just to be on the safe side.

You find information about how to uninstall a plugin here:
https://u-he.com/support/faq.html#compa ... :uninstall

But make sure to save all your own presets before deleting everything.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am i just use alpha in projects :)
Please be aware that we cannot ensure complete compatibility of the alpha with the final version.
If you save projects with the alpha, there might be sound differences when you reload those project with the final Uhbik 2.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am Please be aware that we cannot ensure complete compatibility of the alpha with the final version.
If you save projects with the alpha, there might be sound differences when you reload those project with the final Uhbik 2.
I am, I am. Can't be so radically different (phaser wont sound like a tremolo).
Some of the projects are already finished anyway, those that aren't need to be revisited anyway. :)
Not bent up on perpetual backwards compatibility on projects.

Ploki wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:54 am I am, I am. Can't be so radically different (phaser wont sound like a tremolo).
it's not just the sound that can change, it's the parameter layout/format as well, so reloading the project simply might not work.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 am
it's not just the sound that can change, it's the parameter layout/format as well, so reloading the project simply might not work.
As long as it doesn't crash it i'm good :D

It won't be too much of a difference. Some of the modulations may sound different and the work-in-progress "natural" reverb algorithm has been tweaked a bit more.

I played enough with Uhbik, pleasantly shocked because of the sound, built-in modulation and how it uses CPU. If you leave the consumption of CPU the same and pump modulation system, it will be an ideal creative effect bundle. Now I love it because it doesn't make wonders, it sounds good and gives me control )

So, I purchased it...and Hive...and Zebra...and I use Diva on a regular basis...

Meet the new u-he fanboy. My question is where can I get a t-shirt?

Dombaeb wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 pm Meet the new u-he fanboy. My question is where can I get a t-shirt?
Hah! Get a t-shirt? ... what a dork.

J/K :wink: I got one some years ago--the one with sine, saw, square and noise.

"Dork" sounds really rude in this humor context, but I'm not a native speaker so I can not catch something kind in it. Anyway, this is not a topic for discussion, just keeping Uhbik thread warm )

We do have a Spreadshirt shop somewhere, but possibly no links on our website anymore.

Every now and then we investigate new options, but there does not seem to be the be all end all solution for u-he swag anywhere.

https://u-he.com/products/

right down at the bottom of the u-he produtcts page you'll find the merchandise/spreadshirt links.
spreadshirt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “u-he”