Uhbik 2.0 - Concepts & Roadmap

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 amAny new set of ideas to implement for it?
There are one or two cool ideas I've had, but I don't really know if I have the time. We'll see ;)

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 am when I want to liquify a sound into melting metal :D ...Any new set of ideas to implement for it?
Isn't that already enough, or are you planning to vapourize that liquid afterwards? :D
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Can be bought already? Link? :party: Instant buy for me :love:

lalo wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:09 am Can be bought already? Link? :party: Instant buy for me :love:
Yes. Standard Uhbik 1.x -> free upgrade to 2.x.

Uhbik 1.x Serial works in these alphas, too.

Hassle free.

these GUIs are simply gorgeous, congrats. I've never used uhbik before but it's high on my wishlist now

any plan to provide an option to turn off the spectrum thing though? (it works well, but if one don't use it, it might be good to be able to turn it off if it can save cpu/gpu)

Bardamu wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:53 am these GUIs are simply gorgeous, congrats.
Thank you!
any plan to provide an option to turn off the spectrum thing though? (it works well, but if one don't use it, it might be good to be able to turn it off if it can save cpu/gpu)
The Scope? - Just switch to the ModMapper-View... maybe we can add a default option for that...

Also right-click and set to "eco" will reduce CPU usage dramatically.

Our experience with Hive (latest builds thread) shows that our recent UI speed improvements should make scopes of the size of Uhbik's pretty benign. If it takes up a lot on anyone's machine, we're happy to look into that and make its display optional though 8)

😂 <- tears of joy
You are not a beautiful snowflake.

Hi Urs, yes I was talking about the scope, but if it's light on cpu then it doesn't matter (not an issue for me at least, my cpu handles anything right now)

I see your point for the modmapper view, also it provides a more "static" gui that I prefer over moving/dynamic ones (scopes, real time modulation displays, moving wavetables and stuff), but that is cosmetic and relates to plugins in general, not just Uhbik.

Thanks,
have a good day

Btw. there's one missing link yet:

The ModMapper will be available as source for the envelope. So the ModMapper can sequence with each LFO cycle and trigger the envelope in whichever pattern:

Code: Select all

LFO

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

ModMapper

|           |   |  
|_____|_____|___|__

Env 

\     \     \   \
 \     \     \   \
  \___  \___  \   \

Env * ModMapper 

\           \   \
 \    \      \   \
  \___ \____  \   \
The idea is, you can do anything that's possible in most modulatable effects plug-ins with their standard (but often basic) rhythmic editors. You can also of course use the ModMapper to freehand draw patterns and modulations.

But now take the above example rhythm and think about using yet another ModMatrix slot. Use ModNoise as a random source. Use the envelope as source for the Sample & Hold. So now you can add a random S&H modulation that's in sync with the rhythmic pattern.

We will also add presets for the whole mod section. Within some constraints it will be possible to copy/paste modulations from one Uhbik to another (of course, targets will need to be assigned manually).

christ i just got zebra and thought i'm finished for some time

wow, the GUI looks great! Downloading alpha now

Urs wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:03 am
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:56 amAny new set of ideas to implement for it?
There are one or two cool ideas I've had, but I don't really know if I have the time. We'll see ;)
That's nice to hear! Please go for it and implement them :pray: :P

One think I'd love to have with Uhbik-G 2 is some sort of a random parameter/function that would scatter and spread randomly grains in a chaotic way. Anyhow, amazing plugin it sounds so good on pretty much anything.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:42 pm

That's nice to hear! Please go for it and implement them :pray: :P

One think I'd love to have with Uhbik-G 2 is some sort of a random parameter/function that would scatter and spread randomly grains in a chaotic way. Anyhow, amazing plugin it sounds so good on pretty much anything.
Exactly, and also messing around with grain rate and duration would be nice. I really like granular stuff :)

Uhbik 2.0 - Really great update!

When you say experiments with a rack version, do you mean Reason Rack or something else?

Grrr... This update is making it very hard for someone like me, that has pretty much moved from buying
software towards buying hardware.

elxsound wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm When you say experiments with a rack version, do you mean Reason Rack or something else?
I mean something different. I mean a self contained Vst/AU/AAX plug-in that lets one combine a few Uhbiks. It was known as Uhbik-X

As I said, we have something like this going in kinda working early stages, but it is not a major priority. It is just something we talked about in the past, and it’s something I really wish we could materialize. Our release deadline is mid of January, and there’s only so many working days to be spent on individual Uhbik features vs. Uhbik-X.

We’ll see...

Return to “u-he”