Claude Diode - Alchemie de la Douleur (demo v2) [alternative/postpop]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey folks, working on a new demo:
https://soundcloud.com/claudediode/alch ... ur-demo-v2
not sure where it's going, maybe nowhere! yeah. enjoy, comments welcome.
/S

Well, you have the foundation of a decent idea. I hear a lot of potential in this. Keep working on it and see how it goes. I'm sure you already know this but the vocals need to be a lot clearer. Sure this is just a very rough first draft.

Looking forward to hearing what you do with this.

thanks wagtunes,
yeah, where the vocals land in an eventual final mix is of course essential. focus now will be on variation, maybe a bit of acoustic instrumentation, and letting the composition 'breathe'. most likely guitars will be softened a touch to free up the vox. good feedback!
/S

Interesting 2-minute idea! With those vocals far in the back it sounds rather
psychodelic and hypnotic. Though it is only 2 minutes there appears a
monotony - good for psychedelic and hypnotic music, but bad for the fast catch!
This is a developable track! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

@enroe: yeah, this track will most likely appear with a few others so i'll work on those and then see what direction this tune needs to take. thanks for the most excellent feedback /S

Found it bit messy the first time through. But then it all started to come together with repeated listens.
It's got a real live band sound, which I really like. Would be interesting to hear what becomes of it :tu:

snoddas wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm thanks wagtunes,
yeah, where the vocals land in an eventual final mix is of course essential. focus now will be on variation, maybe a bit of acoustic instrumentation, and letting the composition 'breathe'. most likely guitars will be softened a touch to free up the vox. good feedback!
/S
Might even be worth dropping out the guitars completely for a small section, just leaving the drums and the driving bass (And maybe some really low ambience; even that (is it guitar?) ambience that is under the distorted guitars. Would bring focus to the vocals, an bring a good contrast to the 'durge' feel of the rest.

Just an idea :shrug:

@el-bo: thanks, yeah, i'm going for a demo-ey/live sound, but a bit kinder to the ear than my previous stuff. i will definitely drop the guitars somewhere and probably add a bit of postpunkish guitars for variation. thanks to all for listening /S

Return to “Music Cafe”