Bitwig and Arturia Keylab25?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I currently have a KeyLab 25 with updated firmware and Midi Control Center software.
All the knobs and sliders work in Reaper. (Also the latest Demo of Ableton)

In BW, the keyboard, Transport controls, and Volume work. None of the sliders or knobs work.

Can anyone who has this working in BW let me know if there is some workaround, some software or some settings I may be missing?
Last edited by gerryp650 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Which script are you using?
You could assign also to your liking all knobs and buttons with the Flexi script from Moss...

I'm not using any script. There was one listed on the BW site for Arturia but it's a dead link. I have a ticket into support.
But as I said, Reaper and Ableton (demo) have no problem communicating with it.

You always have to choose a script. Either one of the generic ones or Mossgrabers Flexi which is customizable. The scripting system has a lot of advantages. You do not want to Midi learn for each project, but rather assign your controls the same for your personal workflow...

Thanks TJ. I meant I am not using any 3rd party scripts, only the one showing in the Add Controller section, which is KeyLab25. This is the one that doesn't work for me. It works in Reaper and Ableton DEMO.
Surely there must be an existing mapped script for KeyLab and Bitwig.

What script are you using for your KeyLab?

I don‘t have a Keylab, but as its just Midi there is a way to make it work for sure...

Anyone using KeyLab with BW?

There's on script on Github for the 88 key version here :

https://github.com/maranite/Keylab88forBitwig/

Its worth a try to see if it works on the 25 key version.

You might need to comment out the 8th line in KeyLab88.controls,js for it to detect your keyboard, and also change both instances of "KeyLab 88" on line 7 to "KeyLab 25".

MoodyB wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:05 pm There's on script on Github for the 88 key version here :
Thanks for the reply. I didn't have any luck with this running BWS3.0.1 Demo. :(

Did you put the 3 .js files in your "Bitwig Studio/Resources/Controllers/Arturia" folder?

Yes, I did. Although one of the sliders adjusts volume, it does not show at all in the VST GUI nor is it the actual parameter being adjusted.

So, I now have the Bitwig DEMO (which removed my actual BW2.4.3 when I installed it) that won't run my main percussion instrument StylusRMX, along with my Arturia Keylab25 controller that can't be configured to BW.

The Bitwig 3.1 beta works great with the KeyLab Mk II right out of the box (including clip launching). I don't know if this also holds true for the MKI or the smaller versions. The documentation is not very clear in this regard. :(

Can you tell me what the name of the controller in the list that you are using? In mine, there are only KeyLab25...KeyLab88, MiniLab, and MicroLab.
Last edited by gerryp650 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am really hoping someone using the Arturia KeyLab25 can chime in.

gerryp650 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:17 am Can you tell me what the name of the controller in the list that you are using? In mine, there are only KeyLab25...KeyLab88, MiniLab, and MicroLab.
Sorry, I missed that post. We have two Keylab threads at the same time.

The device list includes Keylab 25, 49, 49 mkii, 61, 61 mkii, essential 49, essential 61, 88 and the Minilab. The 88 mkii is missing.

Return to “Bitwig”